Braves 2020 Season Thread

DSGB

New records for strikeouts and scoreless innings in a postseason game.

DSGB

Goodness! Got out unscathed again!

Patriot44

Banned
Every day between 3:55 and 4:55, my satellite goes out. Been meaning to re azimuth. this is killing me watching the game on ESPN live....

BornToHuntAndFish

Whoa, too close for comfort. All we need is 1-run. Reckon we're past ready for a walk-off win if Braves bats can get going.

Nice start with lead-off single from Markakis.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
I was trying to listen in-between taking calls from customers, boss, and co-workers. I turned it back on just in time to hear the FreddieMVP hit. Man - what a game - a classic.

BornToHuntAndFish

Fine pitching on both sides, 13 shutout innings & 16-K's for Braves, 12 shutout innings & 21-K's for Reds. 11-hits for Reds bats. Braves bats get 1-hit by Albies in the 4th, 1-hit by Acuna in the 6th, 1-hit by d'Arnaud in the 12th, and finally 3-hits by Markakis, Riley, & Freeman in the 13th to deliver 1-run for the close win. Atlanta showing potential signs Braves could turn back into a playoff team soon.

EjMZxS-WsAIarWI

https://www.mlb.com/news/freddie-freeman-delivers-walk-off-in-13th-of-game-1

fourth time since 1960 the Braves have thrown 13-plus scoreless innings in a game

gave Atlanta its first Game 1 win in a postseason series since it won the opener of its 2001 NL Division Series

Braves, who are attempting to avoid becoming the first MLB team to lose 11 consecutive playoff series

walk-off win also gave the Braves their first postseason walk-off RBI since Game 2 of the 2004 NL Division Series

most recent postseason walk-off win by any club against the Reds was in 1975

Bauer allowed two hits and recorded 12 strikeouts over 7 2/3 scoreless innings. He became the first pitcher to produce 12 strikeouts and not allow a walk or an earned run in a postseason game.

Braves and Reds combined to strike out a postseason record 37 times

https://www.espn.com/mlb/playbyplay?gameId=401246343

Play-by-Play
Braves - Bottom 13th

BRADLEY PITCHING FOR CIN

Markakis singled to shallow right.

Pache ran for Markakis

Riley singled to left, Pache to second.

Acuña Jr. grounded into fielder's choice to third, Riley out at second, Pache to third.

GARRETT PITCHING FOR CIN

Freeman singled to center, Pache scored, Acuña Jr. to second.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=401246343

Box Score
13th Freeman singled to center, Pache scored, Acuña Jr. to second.

RBI: Freeman (1)

Team RISP: 1-10 (d'Arnaud 0-1, Freeman 1-2, Ozuna 0-1, Duvall 0-2, Swanson 0-2, Riley 0-1, Acuña Jr. 0-1)

Team LOB: 9

4-Strikeouts - Duvall

3-Strikeouts - Ozuna, Swanson, Riley

42-seconds, Freeman walkoff single

9-seconds, Truist Park outside celebrating walkoff win

24-seconds, Braves prevent Reds run from scoring
Aquino caught stealing home, catcher to second to first to third

41-seconds, Duvall throws out Castellanos at 3rd base

EjLuS40WkAID2hp

EjMQTTWWsAQUY3M

EjMfQVrWsAAa0zW

EjMBiodXgAAgs_W

EjLtBseWsAEeEt2

EjMOgYTXkAAeycJ

EjLNoMtWoAEUOhj

EjMPuLXXYAAGfyi

EjNPqC-X0AAOIYj

Last edited:

biggdogg

After Bauer's gem, the Braves lineup should get a little break with Castillo going for Cincy. Hopefully we can get the bats lit up against and get 6 innings from Anderson.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but the two players most Braves fans were miffed about AA not re-signing/trading the farm for (Donaldson/Clevinger)... didn't make either of their new teams post season rosters. The Twins went 2 and out and SD lost Game 1...

westcobbdog

After Bauer's gem, the Braves lineup should get a little break with Castillo going for Cincy. Hopefully we can get the bats lit up against and get 6 innings from Anderson.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but the two players most Braves fans were miffed about AA not re-signing/trading the farm for (Donaldson/Clevinger)... didn't make either of their new teams post season rosters. The Twins went 2 and out and SD lost Game 1...

Bigg he's a cocky dude, doing the chop walking off the mound, was hoping for a line drive screamer back thru the box but it never happened. A clif note would be I would sure like to have the cocky punk as my #1 or 2 starter!

biggdogg

Bauer is definitely one cocky dude. But so far, he manages to back it up. A little brashness in the Braves clubhouse surely couldn't hurt!

Latest posts