https://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore/_/gameId/401361965

Box Score

NLCS - GAME 2, ATL leads series 2-0

E. Rosario ATL - LF
4-5, RBI, R

WIN
W. Smith(2-0)
1.0 IP, 0 ER, 2 K, 0 BB

1st - Seager homered to right center (401 feet), Betts scored.

4th - Pederson homered to right (454 feet), Riley scored.

7th - Taylor doubled to center, Betts scored and Smith scored, J. Turner to third.

8th - Albies singled to right, Rosario scored.

8th - Riley doubled to deep center, Albies scored.

9th - Rosario singled to shallow center, Swanson scored.

FB8ZW9PXIAMlHHR

FB9S5orWQAI-w7O

FB9A5scXMAIQnqG

FB89srIWEAEvEOT

Last edited:

DannyW

Great start to the series! But as someone who remembers the 1996 WS, vividly, I know to not get cocky yet with a two game lead,

1982ace

Great start to the series. Pitching has been pretty good but really need some consistency at the plate cause we ain’t going to pull off a walk off every night.
Freddie in particular has been horrible.
0-8 with 7 k’s

Baroque Brass

Great start to the series! But as someone who remembers the 1996 WS, vividly, I know to not get cocky yet with a two game lead,
Was that when they won two in New York against the Yankees and came home to lose four straight games?

treemanjohn

Banned
Braves are determined,, but Dave Robert's is the series MVP for now. They have a strong bullpen and pitching Urias..... Stealing money

Last edited:

DannyW

Was that when they won two in New York against the Yankees and came home to lose four straight games?

Yep, that's the one. The Braves won the first two, was cruising with a 6-0 lead in game 4, then Leyritz hit a HR which turned the whole series around. A crushing, but predictable, loss for an Atlanta team. (The Falcons provided us an encore performance 20 years later.)

DannyW

Great start to the series. Pitching has been pretty good but really need some consistency at the plate cause we ain’t going to pull off a walk off every night.
Freddie in particular has been horrible.
0-8 with 7 k’s

Believe it or not, Freddie's performance so far makes me believe that we may see something magical from him later in this series.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Believe it or not, Freddie's performance so far makes me believe that we may see something magical from him later in this series.
Not if he doesn’t get his head straight. Getting in a slump like he is can get to your mind. Makes it hard to get right. Hopefully he overcomes it and gets back to normal

BamaGeorgialine

Has anyone else noticed that every time Freddie gets back to the dugout after whiffing, he looks up in the stands. I imagine it's to his wife and son or maybe his Dad but, something looks strange about it. Maybe I'm just not used to seeing him struggle like this. I know he's not used to it. They're just throwing it straight down the middle. I also wonder if maybe when he got hit on the elbow it's flaring up again. Hopefully he works it out

Shadow11

The fact that we can still get it done without him and Ronald is already magical. I hope you're right though. Maybe he can get us a couple of hits over yonder, and atleast bring us a 3-2 lead back to GA.

The fact that we can still get it done without him and Ronald is already magical. I hope you're right though. Maybe he can get us a couple of hits over yonder, and atleast bring us a 3-2 lead back to GA.
And don't forget Soroka being out either. Crazy how they are getting it done.

I've been to a lot of ballgames over the years, but last night was an off the chart awesome experience in Truist Park.