Braves 2021 Season Thread

Duff

Man, been at the softball field all day/night and only caught the last few innings on radio. Unbelievable!! Go Braves!

BornToHuntAndFish

Great game & series win for the Braves launching them into the World Series starting next Tuesday.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore/_/gameId/401361973

Box Score

NLCS - GAME 6, ATL Wins series 4-2

E. Rosario ATL - LF
2-4, HR, 3 RBI

WIN
T. Matzek(1-0)
2.0 IP, 0 ER, 4 K, 0 BB

SAVE
W. Smith(1)
1.0 IP, 0 ER, 2 K, 0 BB

1st - Riley hit a ground rule double to deep left, Albies scored.

4th - Bellinger singled to left, T. Turner scored, Smith to third.

4th - Rosario homered to right (361 feet), d'Arnaud scored and Adrianza scored.

7th - Pollock doubled to left, Taylor scored, Bellinger to third.

FCbyIUrWEAIkxdd

FCb6GA5XMAY14Hv

FCbbSVaWUAMI9Fd

FCb6w7vWUAo7FVf

FCbxI2OXIAIKg1g

FCaYTZNWYAMnAka

FCbNd0kX0AE8FMx

FCcLxeTWUAg2ZfV

FCb2DcQWQAA_zWk

247942634_10158864594382831_232357301063915027_n.jpg

248233060_10158864502892831_2201673752833497195_n.jpg

Last edited:

Baroque Brass

I’ve watched a lot of baseball over the years and I’ve seen pitchers with some odd wind ups, but I’ve never seen anything like the Dodgers Jansen with all the twists and jerks. Dude can pitch though.

Baroque Brass

I was sure hoping to hear Let’s go Brandon (or the original variation) break out instead of the tired and annoying tomahawk chant.

Oldstick

At first thought I was gonna hear "Beseball been berry berry goood to me" come out of Rosario's mouth after the game.

DannyW

Personally, I'm still trying process this. As a person who has been a Braves fan since 1966, one of those who sat in the cheap 50 cent seats on Sunday afternoons with maybe 1,500 other fans in the 1970's, had playoff tickets for the 1991 and 1992 playoffs, this WS is stunning after seeing them slog through the 1st half of this season.

Nothing will ever top 1991, but this comes close.

Whitefeather

Management Material
Thank goodness they closed it out.

Instead of 1 All Star game in Atlanta…we get at least 2 World Series games in Atlanta.

Take that MLB.

BornToHuntAndFish

Looks like Braves Charlie Morton starts in World Series Game #1 on the road.

Next weekend are Atlanta's World Series home games.

https://www.mlb.com/braves/news/charlie-morton-to-start-world-series-game-1-vs-astros

Braves' Morton to start G1 vs. former team

1:42 PM EDT

https://www.mlb.com/braves/roster/probable-pitchers

Braves Probable Pitchers

Tue, Oct 26 • 8:09 PM EDT

At Minute Maid Park
TV: FOX, FOX-INT
World Series Game 1

Charlie Morton

Framber Valdez

Wed, Oct 27 • 8:09 PM EDT

At Minute Maid Park
World Series Game 2

TBD

Fri, Oct 29 • 8:09 PM EDT

At Truist Park
World Series Game 3

TBD

Sat, Oct 30 • 8:09 PM EDT

At Truist Park
World Series Game 4

TBD

Sun, Oct 31 • 8:15 PM EDT

At Truist Park
World Series Game 5

FCeqIjqWQCAhvut

FCeyNXBWUAAJjzC

:cool:

Coenen

Man, what a ride last night. Got a chance to watch it with good friends, and we had a blast! Hooting and hollering, and hanging on every pitch!

For all the grief Brian Snitker gets, he sure pushed the right button at the right time last night. We all knew that it was worth sacrificing Anderson to bat Adrianza for an outside shot at bringing Rosario to the plate, right?

I try not to get too high or too low on MLB relievers, guys find "it" and they lose "it" just as easily. I commented after the final series with the Mets that Will Smith looked like a guy who had found it. What can you say about Minter and Matzek? They both seem to have found completely new gears in the playoffs. I think I heard Ron Darling trying to hold back tears after Mookie Betts got his doors blown off by Ryan Matzek.

Some slick fielding to bring it home as well. Two nice plays by Riley in the 8th, and of course, Dansby's play on the final out.

They're a hot team, and this is the best time for a team to be hot.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
For all the grief Brian Snitker gets, he sure pushed the right button at the right time last night. We all knew that it was worth sacrificing Anderson to bat Adrianza for an outside shot at bringing Rosario to the plate, right?

Rosario is the deal of the century and getting him up to bat was the quintessence of strategy.

BornToHuntAndFish

In case you're interested are in the area . . .

Only a day away from Braves playing in the World Series.

Braves twitter:

Atlanta Braves
@Braves

5:51 PM · Oct 24, 2021

‼️ Tomorrow ‼️

Come out to @TruistPark to cheer on your #Braves as they head off to Houston!

FCftlBTXoAYjpvE

Wetroot

Gotta admit I'm really liking this team's prospects, both this year for the series and the next few years going forward. A lot of good young talent and Acuna hasn't even been a huge part of it this year!

biggdogg

Obviously the media is giving the Brave no chance, but I can't help but like our chances against Houston. They can put up a lot of runs, and in a hurry, but so can we. And Houston's rotation can't hold a candle to LA's or the Brew Crew's

BamaGeorgialine

Obviously the media is giving the Brave no chance, but I can't help but like our chances against Houston. They can put up a lot of runs, and in a hurry, but so can we. And Houston's rotation can't hold a candle to LA's or the Brew Crew's
Yep. According to all the so called experts, the Dodgers had us right where they wanted up until the final out. Braves broke a lot of hearts and busted up a lot of dreams by denying the Dodgers of a repeat

Coenen

Yep. According to all the so called experts, the Dodgers had us right where they wanted up until the final out. Braves broke a lot of hearts and busted up a lot of dreams by denying the Dodgers of a repeat
They've played so many tight games, and they just keep winning.

I'll say it again, this team's got some jam.

As they stage has gotten bigger, they've gotten better and better. Snitker's staff has them ready to play, and playing with confidence. Until the 27th out of whatever game wraps it up, they're a contender.