Braves 2021 Season Thread

Whitefeather

Management Material
Time for a new one. Last year was last year

Whitefeather

Management Material
I believe they're gonna need another starting pitcher if they're gonna make a run this year

Whitefeather

Management Material
I didn’t want to jinx them

DannyW

Dang TV went out on me. Turned it one about 2:00 pm to check out what channel it would be on, then tried to turn it back on at 3:00 pm and it was dead.

Could have watched on another TV I guess but figured that was an omen.

biggdogg

I believe they're gonna need another starting pitcher if they're gonna make a run this year

They get another starting pitcher in 2-3 weeks. The starting staff is going to be a strength this season as opposed to last season.

Soroka, Fried, Morton, Smyly, Anderson with Wilson still waiting on his chance...

BornToHuntAndFish

Nice late innings rally making it a close game. No telling what additional talent AA will find to help in the future to make the team better.

16-seconds

Time = 1:11

Ex6GUOcWQAEHV5g

Ex586KrXEAIPQx5

Ex6cxKsW8AoXrMq

Ex5oDLRXIAUe1IP

Ex5ZQgvW8AcrCvx

Last edited:

BornToHuntAndFish

Reckon MLB removing the All-Star game from Atlanta had a negative impact Saturday Braves game 1-hit shutout loss. What a shame allowing politics into sports & entertainment.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31190481/atlanta-braves-cover-all-star-game-logo-jerseys-hats

Atlanta Braves cover All-Star Game logo on jerseys, hats

7:59 PM ET

Atlanta Braves cover All-Star Game logo on jerseys, hats

7:59 PM ET

The All-Star Game patch that appeared on the right sleeve of the Braves' jerseys during Opening Day was sewn over Saturday for the game against the Philadelphia Phillies at Citizens Bank Park. The same logo was gone from their hats, too.

The uniform change came a day after Major League Baseball announced that this summer's All-Star Game was being moved out of Atlanta over the sport's objections to sweeping changes to Georgia voting laws.

Commissioner Rob Manfred made the decision to move the All-Star Game and events, along with the amateur draft, from Atlanta after discussions with individual big leaguers and the Players Alliance, an organization of Black players formed after the death of George Floyd last year.

"This all came together rather quickly," said Chicago Cubs outfielder Jason Heyward, who is Black. "We had, I think, a day left in spring training. The Players Alliance, we gathered and got as many people as we could on a call. It was probably less than 50 guys on there out of the 100 or whatever. We had our conversation.

Ex_lPrmXEAkWOIs

braves-all-star-game.png

Last edited:

drhunter1

The Braves front office pushed back against MLB. At least they did that.

biggdogg

In a press conference earlier today, Rizzo is lobbying to not play the Braves series to allow his players some extra workouts to get ready. If I'm not mistaken, they have 9 players in Covid-19 protocol.

Harper made hisself look like a complete moron on the basepaths twice, so there's that silver lining.

Not much offense to speak of from either side other than the one inning that got away from Morton yesterday. Hopefully the middle of the order gets going soon.

BornToHuntAndFish

Yes, that's the way I would lean & expect things to be postponed, nothing official yet, expecting an annc't in the morning. Nats have not been able to practice, makes sense for them to get a practice day or 2 before their next or 1st game, but obviously Braves offense / bats could use some practices, too.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...n-nationals-game-monday-postponed-sources-say

Atlanta Braves-Washington Nationals game on Monday postponed, sources say

1m

Sources: Braves-Nationals on Monday postponed

Monday's scheduled series opener between the Atlanta Braves and Nationals has been postponed as Washington continues to deal with a coronavirus outbreak, sources told ESPN's Buster Olney.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...act-mlb-washington-nationals-hope-host-opener

GM Mike Rizzo still 'in constant contact with MLB' as Washington Nationals hope to host opener

4h

For now, Nationals plan to host Braves Monday

Amid protocols, the Washington Nationals and Atlanta Braves were waiting, as of Sunday afternoon, to see if their upcoming series would begin as scheduled on Monday.

EDIT UPDATE late Sunday evening:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...n-nationals-game-monday-postponed-sources-say

Washington Nationals to open season vs. Atlanta Braves on Tuesday; Monday game postponed

10:19 PM ET

2h

Nationals, Braves to play Tue.; Mon. game PPD

The Nationals will begin their season on Tuesday against the Braves at Nationals Park, the league announced, after Washington's first four games were postponed because of a coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id...raves-eye-roster-moves-amid-covid-19-outbreak

Washington Nationals to play doubleheader vs. Atlanta Braves, eye roster moves amid COVID-19 outbreak

1:59 PM ET

19m

Nats to play doubleheader, eye roster moves

The Nationals and Braves will make up their game that was postponed Monday because of Washington's coronavirus outbreak as part of a doubleheader Wednesday.

Nationals and Braves will play two seven-inning games back-to-back on Wednesday, with the first starting at 12:05 p.m. ET.

Last edited: