Broadhead experiment

longbowdave1

Congratulations
When the buck crashed he fell on the exit side driving the broadhead in to the ground. When I pulled the arrow out. The broadhead and insert were stuck in the ground. I never got to inspect the broadhead after impact but I'm sure it was in good shape just poking through the boiler room.

Last edited:

dm/wolfskin

I'm selling my high poundage recurve I just can't pull 60# like I used too.
Thinking 45 to maybe 50 tops for me. I think you can be successful all day long with a 40 ish pond bow.:)
Been hunting with 45# the last 3 years and killed just as many deer and pigs as I did with the 50#. I ain't as young as I use to be.lol

beaulesye10

I have the high dollar wide version of these heads. I am curious if your edge chattered any On the ribs? Mine normally does but comes out with sharpenin.

longbowdave1

I have the high dollar wide version of these heads. I am curious if your edge chattered any On the ribs? Mine normally does but comes out with sharpenin.
Unfortunately the head buried in the ground when the deer crashed. The head and insert pulled out when I pulled the arrow. Might have got wedged in rock or roots. I'll be sure to check how the edge holds up on the next one. For 3$ a head, good either way. It sure did some damage to the buck.