Broke down and bought some Under Armour

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=55170&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

Actually bought them at Dicks today for $40 a shirt. Bought 2 of them for primary shirts to be worn during bow season and early gun season.

Will give an opinion soon enough I am sure. Hated spending that kind of money on a shirt (when most camo t-shirts can be bought on clearence for $10!), but really, really dread the heat of a bow season afternoon. This material is supposed to be great for keeping cool and wicking moisture.

They also have several versions for cold weather. If the warm weather stuff is as advertised I will be picking it up.

Jim

Michael Lee

Let me know what you think Jim, I have been looking at that stuff too, but hate to buy it and not like it.

ML

H

HT2

J T........

Yeah, let us know what you think of it........

I like's it, but as M L said.......

I hate to buy it and not like it because it doesn't feel good........

Gadget

I was planning on buying one of their hot-gear shirts too. Did you get the loose or tight fit? Long or short sleeve?

Gadget

Wow they really expanded their line. Didn't know they added camo, as well as anti-microbial "amour-block". Also beenies, caps and gloves.

I knew the company was doing really well, a friend of mine interviewed with them and their willing to pay over 6 figures for positons in the company.

Last edited:

Chuck Martin

Jim and guys

I've been using this stuff for a number of years as it was orginally marketed to law enforcement for wear under body armor..........it works, period. The cold weather UnderArmor works just as good and is worth the investement also. Guys you can't go wrong with this stuff because it works, go on and get some........................the preceeding message has been brought to you by UnderArmor, proud supplier of tactical warm and cold weather gear for hightec rednecks everywhere. ::gone:

reylamb

I wear a shirt for softball, and it does do a great job wicking away moisture and keeping you cooler...........

Glenn

Jim I thought you just ran around in the woods with a loin cloth and a spear :D

Evolution must be taking over :rolleyes: ::gone:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Glenn said:
Jim I thought you just ran around in the woods with a loin cloth and a spear :D Evolution must be taking over :rolleyes: ::gone:

most of teh time, but the danged skeeters are finding new places to bite!!

I bought 2 of the camp loose fit, long sleeve shirts. Wore one last night while shooting in the backyard and it felt very good. I tried on the tight fighting stuff and could not imagine sitting on stand with it on.

Jim

bubbabuck

Live From The Tree
"most of teh time, but the danged skeeters are finding new places to bite!!"

Like you don't enjoy that !!! :hair: :hair:

Oh yeah......while your out shopping...don't forget to pick up one of those fancy double ladders !!! :clap:

H

HT2

J T/ Bubba..........

What kind of "hunting" is it that ya'll do down there in Heard????? ::ke: ::ke: ::ke: ::ke:

Glenn

Jim....... :crazy:

Those shirts feel like silk to me and I just don't know what the guys at camp would say if they saw me wearing silk jama's..... :rolleyes:

Meriwether Mike

I always thought that you bow hunt nekkid Jim. The Under Armour will definately have to be an improvement. :D

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Southern Steel said:
I always thought that you bow hunt nekkid Jim. The Under Armour will definately have to be an improvement. :D

I have never actually been completely neked, but did shoot a doe with no shirt on once. Man when it is hot I have no walls that I will not climb:D

Jim

muddy_feet

Banned
Great stuff I've always worn them under my jersey playing softball in Valdosta. I got made fun of at first but when everyone was complaining about the skeeters, I just laughed. They never bothered me.

DSGB

Does that stuff keep the bugs from biting you, or mostly just thermal regulation?

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
You don't even feel the tight ones after a few uses. It becomes a second skin. I have used the cold weather tight for years and have been very happy.

TOW

OK...

I was given some for Christmas last year and used it a few times.

I really like EXCEPT the bottoms have no fly. In order to whiz I've got to pull down the front of it.

This makes it extremely difficult and as an old timer when I have to go, I have to go.
Did my gift giver screw up and get me a woman's pair of unders..?