Browning A-Bolt 30.06

Tjh2021

For some reason the tip of my 30.06 rounds don’t always load flush to the barrel and gets pushed into the edge of the barrel when I push the bolt forward to load the round. So instead of sliding in smooth the tip gets smooshed flat. It doesn’t happen in every round which makes it that much more frustrating because I never know when it’s going to happen.

I’ve tried sharp point synthetic rounds hoping those would slide into the barrel more smoothly, but they catch also. The only quick solution is to back the bolt out which ejects the unspent round, tilt the rifle more on it’s side as I load in the next round so when the round enters the chamber it’s more likely inline with the barrel when I push the bolt forward. While that works, it’s clearly not how the rifle was intended to work.

Any suggestions would be amazing.

Thank you

T

Had same issue with a 25-06, Sent gun to a great guy in Virginia after sending it to a factory authorized Browning gunsmith in Paduka Kentucky who skint me pretty good and didn't fix issue. Gunsmith's name is Don and he runs Big Horn Gun Works. I highly recommend him! Great guy! His number is (216}706-2871
He shimmed the two mags I had and they feed flawless.

I tried 2 different mags and both did the same thing. I think he charged me 60 bucks for what he did to mine. Sounds like yours is doing exactly what mine did but it could be something else? Mags are more expensive than what he charged me

Ridge Rooster

Reactions: Dub

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I've had the same issue on an A Bolt 3006. Browning should address the issue IMO.

rosewood

Maybe call Browning and see what they have to say? At least before paying a gunsmith.

Rosewood

Called Browning about mine and they pointed me to an in state factory authorized repair center in Paducah Kentucky. All I can say is don't send it there!
Ridge Rooster

rosewood

Called Browning about mine and they pointed me to an in state factory authorized repair center in Paducah Kentucky. All I can say is don't send it there!
Ridge Rooster
I have never dealt with them. Just have found many companies will do the right thing even if they don't have a warranty stating it. Some tell u to pound sand, never hurts to ask though.

Have replacement screws for a sig scope ring on the way now they are sending for free and a grip screw for a rock island 1911 on the way also free of charge. Just had to ask.

greg j

Has this rifle always done this or is it a new problem? If it's a new problem then a gunsmith should be able to figure it out. Are these hand loads or factory loads?

westcobbdog

Had an issue where my A Bolt suddenly wouldn’t close. Happened in the field 3 hrs from home and if I hadn’t bought a second rifle along I would’ve been toast for that hunt. Took it a few minutes ago to Bill Hayllar in Sandy Springs who fixed it in a few minutes and for just $20.

Reactions: Dub