Browning A5 12. 3.5

Thread starter #1

deers2ward

Anyone using the newer A5 and got any feedback? Got my eye on a 28 incher

Have watched all the YouTube vids comparing it to the Maxus 2 or to some other shotgun, but I just have a thing for Browning, and for A5s

hrstille

My buddy has an newer A5. Its a good gun but it does not cycle well in cold weather. Anything below 35F, leave it at home. Doesn't matter the shell, same result.

My uncle has 1....noy a 3.5 I don't think, but it doesn't do well with dove loads.

leroy

Know several friends that have them and all have trouble at some point with them cycling, me and son both bought a beretta A400 xtreme plus last year and have been well pleased with them.

stringmusic

GON Meatierolajist
I’ve had the newer model A5 since about 2012 or so. I grew up shooting a Belgium made A5 20g, so when the new ones came out I had to have one.

Have had zero problems with mine, even in Mississippi a few years ago spitting snow and real feel was around 5 degrees. I’ve shot it on the dove field, killed many turkeys with it, and shot it exclusively for ducks. I’d buy another one tomorrow if I were in the market for a new gun.

MudDucker

Staff member
I have one, although it seems to follow my son-in-law around. My observation is that unlike the old A5's, you have to keep this sucker clean to keep it cycling.

I have one, although it seems to follow my son-in-law around. My observation is that unlike the old A5's, you have to keep this sucker clean to keep it cycling.
Agree with this i have had one 3.5in A5 for 5 seasons now and had some issues the last couple of years but found keeping it clean and using a light coat of Rem oil has made it cycle alot better this year (still have issue with some light loads) but no problem so far with any 3in shell.

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
If you like brownings, buy a citori chambered for 3.5
You’ll never have a cycling issue ever!!
Plus one for this, have had many nice shotguns (of the 3 B's) but my first grab is an ole 3" citori, I keep looking at a 3.5 cynergy but the bug just hasn't bit me that hard for it yet, I'm sure I'll stumble out of a store with one oneday though