Bryan Harsin’s next move? Go get JT Daniels

GTMODawg

BANNED
Does Auburn have an offensive line that can give JT enough time to toss the rock? I bet not.

JT doesn't need a lot of time. He makes reads quick and gets rid of the ball quick. This is why so many UGA fans mistakenly assume he isn't mobile. He is plenty mobile...he just doesn't have to run much because he is the real deal as an elite quarterback. If you take all day to read defenses and are hesitant to get rid of the ball you best be able to scramble and at least get back to the LOS. Daniels doesn't do it often because he doesn't have to. He is also PLENTY capable of throwing the ball into very tight coverages and making every throw needed....again, preventing him from going from QB to TB often. The only question, in my mind, with Daniels, is his mental toughness. There have been a PILE of football players who played through and showed out far worse injuries than anything JT Daniels experienced at UGA last season. He warmed up fine, when he played he looked great. It is entirely possible that mentally he just doesn't want to play bad enough....if that is the case he can be Tom Brady or any QB you can name physically and it won't mean a hill of beans because football is a contact sport....by the third or fourth game of the season everyone is nearly crippled....football players play through it. Daniels hasn't proven to be able to....he has the skills for certain and has them in spades....but his mental toughness is definitely in question...

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
JT doesn't need a lot of time. He makes reads quick and gets rid of the ball quick. This is why so many UGA fans mistakenly assume he isn't mobile. He is plenty mobile...he just doesn't have to run much because he is the real deal as an elite quarterback. If you take all day to read defenses and are hesitant to get rid of the ball you best be able to scramble and at least get back to the LOS. Daniels doesn't do it often because he doesn't have to. He is also PLENTY capable of throwing the ball into very tight coverages and making every throw needed....again, preventing him from going from QB to TB often. The only question, in my mind, with Daniels, is his mental toughness. There have been a PILE of football players who played through and showed out far worse injuries than anything JT Daniels experienced at UGA last season. He warmed up fine, when he played he looked great. It is entirely possible that mentally he just doesn't want to play bad enough....if that is the case he can be Tom Brady or any QB you can name physically and it won't mean a hill of beans because football is a contact sport....by the third or fourth game of the season everyone is nearly crippled....football players play through it. Daniels hasn't proven to be able to....he has the skills for certain and has them in spades....but his mental toughness is definitely in question...
You know better than that Stetson is the next Tom Brady...right @Raylander

I THINK SO!!
HE IS THE BEST AND WILL WIN IT ALL IN 2022 AS WELL!
He doesn't need a defense!

62blpf.jpg

GTMODawg

BANNED
He was awesome on 3rd down.

Dude was awesome on third down...almost unstoppable. He also, lest anyone forget, had not taken a meaningful snap in a game in nearly 15 months and, when his number was called, went out and went 28 of 38 for 401 yards and 4 TDs with no interceptions against a pretty good Mississippi State defense. And then proceeded to go 7-0 as the starter at UGA. The only thing Daniels hasn't proven is if he actually wants to play football. Outside of that he is an elite QB. Wanting to play is exponentially more important to being succesful than talent no matter how elite. Stetson Bennett is a walking testament to that fact....having the desire to play is about 98% of football after the first couple of days of fall camp.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Saban found this guy just down the road. :)

jbarron

BANNED
Dude was awesome on third down...almost unstoppable. He also, lest anyone forget, had not taken a meaningful snap in a game in nearly 15 months and, when his number was called, went out and went 28 of 38 for 401 yards and 4 TDs with no interceptions against a pretty good Mississippi State defense. And then proceeded to go 7-0 as the starter at UGA. The only thing Daniels hasn't proven is if he actually wants to play football. Outside of that he is an elite QB. Wanting to play is exponentially more important to being succesful than talent no matter how elite. Stetson Bennett is a walking testament to that fact....having the desire to play is about 98% of football after the first couple of days of fall camp.

Well stated!

MudDucker

Staff member
JT is a real talent, but he needs good receivers and a good line, because he ain't scrambling anything except eggs.

I'm thinking he leaves the SEC conference and maybe goes back out west if he can find a splashy enough place.

bullgator

It could have been his California parents getting to involved in protecting their future investments.

GTMODawg

BANNED
JT is a real talent, but he needs good receivers and a good line, because he ain't scrambling anything except eggs.

I'm thinking he leaves the SEC conference and maybe goes back out west if he can find a splashy enough place.

Daniels inability to scramble is akin to an urban myth. He is not a dual threat QB but he has the tools to excel at the position with an average LOS and receivers. No QB can function without both to some extent.

I would have thought he had already signed with someone out west. His on the field ability is beyond reproach. He has the tools to be an NFL Qb and do so at a high level. His not being signed already is, to me, yet another red flag as to his desire to play at all. He doesn't need much attention for one year to make it in the league, what he needs is to prove he wants to play an entire season and all that that implies.

GTMODawg

BANNED
It could have been his California parents getting to involved in protecting their future investments.

I think this is absolutely spot on. The thing is though that IF he truly wanted to play he would have told his parents to pound sand and would have played. If he only partially wants to play he may well have allowed his parents involvement as a shield. Who knows? I know my kids get just about everything the truly want and one of them ain't an adult yet. JT is a grown man...if he really wanted to play his parents wishes wouldn't have had ANY bearing on his playing.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

The boy can't take a hit.