Bubba and JT..Indiana Live From the Tree!

BlackSmoke

Are you kidding me? Bubba shoots 3 bucks, 2 of which he couldn't recover because of a landowner? That's unreal. Completely ridiculous.

zman

i can't understand why the land owners would'nt let you go get your deer. i would be peed off.

boneboy96

great thread guys...congrats Bubba! You'll get em next year JT!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
well bubbas first bow shot deer ever took 4 years and it was worth the wait!

this is him when I found him still in the tree
utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-28.jpg

and this is what we walked up on:)
DSC00862.jpg

and this is his buck. 146 and some change! congrats again Gary. glad I was there to share it brother
DSC00867.jpg

DSC00864.jpg

DSC00865.jpg

3darcher

Sorry guys but I would have to keep on tracking with that kind of blood trail. I owe it to the deer to make a recovery if the deer is bleeding that good.

But I respect your decision to obey the landowner.

Handgunner

Thanks for taking us along! Great bucks killed by all!

Jeff Phillips

Great bow kill!

Congrats Bubba:fine:

davidf

that was alot of fun thanks for the hunt updates.

Gut_Pile

Congrats Mr. Gary! That is a great buck! Sorry to hear about the other one that you couldn't revover. Hate to hear that. Once again congrats on a great buck! :yeah:

Gadget

Connection probs and deac bat yesterday. two days of solid rain and 30 mph winds, 2 doe and spike for both morning and afternoon hunt, think it was the same three deer.... the 150 10 i saw the first morning is the only shooter i've seen, poor, very poor for here.

raining now, forecast to rain the next three days.....bummed, very Bummed!!! several things working against us here, doesn't look good for us........

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
sorry to hear you may have hot it bad gadget.

if it helps any at all, I can tell you from first hand that after the first day or 2 of heavy rain the deer up there will be on their feet.

dont help much with a bow in your hand, but at least you should be able to see them.

hang in there brother

Davexx1

Sometimes moral, ethical, and legal responsibilities do not agree. That is a tough situation that you described, i.e. good blood trail leading across the fence.

Many would throw caution into the wind and went after the deer. They may have recovered it and maybe not. They may have been caught over the fence and maybe not. They may have left an obvious trail for that land owner to find later and caused trouble in that fashion. Just not a good situation any way you look at it.

The ultimate responsibility rests in the hands of the shooter. If the shot had been true, there would be no disappointment. Learn and move on.

Dave

Gadget

Thanks for encouragement Jim, sounds like you guys had a really tuff hunt too, losing two bucks like that would be devastating to me!!

no go for us this morning, pouring rain and high wind, the river has come out of banks and flooded part of the property, can't get to our stands, they're under water, expected to get worse with three with more days of rain!! may have to throw in the towel on this hunt.

someone may have some new climbers and lockons when the river goes down......lol