Budget bore scopes?

Jester896

Senior Clown
@Geezer Ray I had an opportunity to use this Teslong at my buddy's today. I would put it up against either of my Hawkeyes as far a clarity and I can't record images with them right now. It has some focus capabilities like the Hawkeyes where the WiFi one I use now does not. I don't have any images to show you but the screen that comes with it is nice. It uses a mini SD card and you can transfer it to your computer with the card or the USB cable.

He had trouble getting the images to his android phone, if fact didn't while I was there, but took a picture of the screen with it and was able to send it to the gun owner like that and it was still plenty clear enough to see the issues.

I am going to order me one to replace the WiFi one that I have that isn't anywhere near as clear as this thing is. Again it isn't iPhone or iPad connectable but you have the other methods.

hope this helps you.

Jester896

Senior Clown
here's my flashlight n magnifying glass

got that borescope hooked up tonight...not as focused as I would like and there is a glare on the mirror...I'll work those issues out later

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

someone needs to clean a rifle barrel some more...might have to break out the ScotchBrite on it

Geezer Ray

Adjust the length of the mirror from the camera. Screw the mirror in or out to focus. As far as the glare all I can say is me too, not sure how to get rid of that except to let the barrel get sootier.

Jester896

Senior Clown
yep...tried it in several positions. It's clear enough for me to know I need to clean that barrel more. I'll work on better focus another time. It will go in a .22cal barrel and my old one was limited to .25cal and they were about the same price. I may try it without the mirror after I clean the barrel again. I use it that way at work when it came in and the images were great.....well worth the money. I couldn't get my micro SD card reader to work to download the image or video in this case so I used the same cable you charge it with to get it to my computer

rosewood

Flashlight and magnifying glass.
Can you elaborate what you mean? Are you saying you view the bore with only a flashlight and magnifying glass? Or is this used in conjunction with bore scope of some sort?

Thanks,

Rosewood

rosewood

I bought one that hooks to your phone for about $20 better view than staring from the end.
Can you direct me to the one you bought? Do you like it? I do have an Android. I found one on Amazon I suspect is the one you are talking about.

Thanks,

Rosewood

rmp

Jester, which model Hawkeyes do you have?
Might be posting a WTB for a friend. Hint..

Jester896

Senior Clown
Jester, which model Hawkeyes do you have?

I have a 22" and 7" Hawkeye AFB series...I think... and an alternative rechargeable light source that is adjustable to use instead of the MagLites that came with them. They aren't for sale.

Bobby Bigtime

Can you elaborate what you mean? Are you saying you view the bore with only a flashlight and magnifying glass? Or is this used in conjunction with bore scope of some sort?

Thanks,

Rosewood
Rosewood, the flashlight and the loupe works for checking the throat. It isn't really a bore scope. Sorry for the low tech dig. The real bore scopes you folks use are awesome. I might be afraid of what I might find. I use to buy surplus rifles back in the glory days. I would degunk and clean them up and resale them. The throat was the biggest point of concern.

Last edited:

Geezer Ray

I purchased the bore scope Jester mentioned. I checked the Ruger #1 my wife bought for me off Guns International ,I think is the site. Anyway, the gun shoots great,,,,BUT,,, after looking at the barrel with the bore scope which works great by the way. I made videos and took some pictures just playing. WELL I saw 51 years of copper and some nasty pitting that you could not see with a bore light looking down the barrel. I know because when I got the gun I looked and thought it looked great. Been working for 3 days now soaking and brushing, soaking and brushing. Copper is coming out but pitting is pitting. All that to say.
I am going to look at every gun I got because I think they are clean but now with the scope I will know they are clean.
Be careful what you look for, it can be disappointing. You may find that your guns aren't really clean.