Bulk Corn/feed

huckhgh

Anyone know of a store/person who sells corn in bulk around the Walton County area?

Thanks,

Huck

bilgerat

Senior
I know a guy up in Lula that sell it by the barrel , and you can bring your own barrel

huckhgh

Anyone used one of the Corn Xpress dispensaries? I believe there’s one at the Stripling’s in Bogart but I’m not sure of the pricing. Anyone have any details?

Thanks,

Huck

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
We buy from a farmer in Johnson county. I think we pay $35-$40 for a 55 gallon drum. Not sure about anywhere in Walton county though

tmiller

I think its a little over $200/ton....He used to sell clean and "not clean" (still had some stalks and other stuff from the combine) and there was about $20-30 per ton difference but he went to all clean now and I am not sure what the exact price is but its cheaper than buying in bag at Walmart but I hope you have somewhere to store it because its A LOT of corn!
Thanks TMiller! Any idea on the price?

Huck

huckhgh

So I went by Striplings yesterday to see how much their bulk corn is. (See prices below)

30lbs = $6.00 ($0.20/lb)
60lbs = $12.00 ($0.20/lb)
100lbs = $20.00 ($0.20/lb)
335lbs = $60.00 ($0.18/lb)

I bought a 50lb bag at Tractor Supply on Sunday for $8.99 or $0.18/lb.

I was really hoping Striplings would be a better deal but I guess I'll keep buying it by the bag unless I can find a bulk deal at or under $0.15/lb.

Thanks for the feedback!

Huck

Kootie

I went to Wildlife Foods as mentioned above.
Quoted me a ton in bulk for $280 (clean)
Quoted me a ton in 50 pound bags for $290 (clean)

He did say corn prices are increasing daily due to flooding out West so the prices I listed may not be good today.

I bought the individual bags because they're much easier to handle.

huckhgh

So you got 40 - 50lb bags of corn for $290???

That's a great deal ($0.145/lb). I need that places address!

Thanks,

Huck

shdw633

50 - 50# bags = $325

.13$/pound.

And I'm not giving up my source. But I will tell you it is not in this state. lol

How much is it after you factor in your gas to go get it though??