Burnt Ends from Boston Butt

SC Hunter

The oldest boy and my wife advised me Saturday they wanted some burnt ends Sunday. I didn't want to do a brisket and didnt have any pork belly so I ran to the grocery store on the golf cart Saturday evening and got a boston butt. Sunday morning I cut it in chunks and seasoned it good with a homemade bbq rub I came up with a while back. Pecan and a little oak in the old country smoker for the heat and flavor for a few hours. I put the pieces in a disposable pan with some butter, brown sugar and a little more rub and closed it up for another hour in the heat.

I made a glaze from a little brown sugar, some apple juice, home made bbq sauce and grape jelly. Put that glaze over the chunks in a separate pan and let the glaze set for about 15 minutes in the heat. I only have 1 good picture because as soon as they got to the table everybody was all over it.

I'm going to use that glaze on ribs next time and see how it goes.

If my wife sees that picture of her and the dog she is liable to hit me with a hammer but I thought it was cute. ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200210-084813_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200210-084813_Gallery.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20200210-084832_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200210-084832_Gallery.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 116

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You need to make us a batch of both so we can compare. :)

SC Hunter

You need to make us a batch of both so we can compare. :)
I'm going to do a brisket again in the near future. I have a buddy whose a brisket guru and that's one thing I'm not very experienced with. My wife has already requested that I do burnt ends again. ? we're both trying to lose weight but those little pieces of meat candy don't help the cause.