Burton Trout

FishEd927

Got up to Lake Burton for the first time over the weekend. What a beautiful lake! Sunday morning I was sitting on a hump throwing a Jerkbait when this beauty hit. She went 6 lbs on the digital. I've caught plenty of trout over the years but this one has got me stumped. Is this a rainbow or a brown? She really looks like a landlocked salmon, any chance salmon were ever stocked in burton?

Attachments

• Burton Trout 2.jpg
    Burton Trout 2.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,333

FishEd927

Pic of a landlocked salmon I caught a couple years back in Maine. What do ya'll think?

Attachments

• salmon.jpg
    salmon.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 1,340

Cletus T.

I have no clue how to answer your question……but I do know this, that is one awesome fish and a heck of a way to catch her!!!!

Congrats on the beautiful fish Ed!

j_seph

Burton is stocked and has many big trout in it, yes bigger than the one you caught.
Nice catch

Rabun

Got up to Lake Burton for the first time over the weekend. What a beautiful lake! Sunday morning I was sitting on a hump throwing a Jerkbait when this beauty hit. She went 6 lbs on the digital. I've caught plenty of trout over the years but this one has got me stumped. Is this a rainbow or a brown? She really looks like a landlocked salmon, any chance salmon were ever stocked in burton?

That's a classic lake burton brown trout. Nice job on the jerk bait!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Typical-colored open-water brown trout from a lake. They aren't colored up like the ones in rivers and creeks. Open-water rainbows lose most of their color, too.