calacoe?

jmac

I killed a calacoe(pieball) 4pt sat morning that olny stood about 2 ft tall and had a serious underbite. Talking to a guy and he asked me if i was planning on eating the meat and i told him yes. He said he didn't think he would. Does anyone have any thoughts about the meat of this deer being eatable or not? Thanks jmac

fasn8nmom

If in question contact your local USDA inspector. All of your kill plants in the area will have an inspector. He can give you some guidelines to go by.
Congrats on the kill.

GeauxLSU

You sure it wasn't some type of goat? ;)
Piebalds are genetically inferior and sounds like that was ate up with it. The meat is probably fine but yeah, I can see where I'd hesitate to eat it to. Probably no scientific basis to not eat it but I'd still probably find somebody to give it to. ;)

PFDR1

NAAAAAHHHHH! As Bill Engvall(sp) would say- "It was a Dork Deer". :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

holadude

If it was covered in moles, then it was my sister.

You must be hunting on a piece of property that has a huge abundance of deer. A lot of times calico deer are a result of inbreeding. You should take some of your buddies huntin to thin out the population. ::ke: