Call selection

koolaide187

I know it's the end of season but I've been really looking into getting good at duck calling before next season. I am set on getting a new call and my friend suggested I use the https://echocalls.com/product/timber-acrylic/
I've never really blown a call before but i'm leaning towards something easy to use and sounds real. I've read double reeds are the best way to go for beginners like me but the timber is a single reed. It's also not the only call on the market so before I drop 100 bucks or more on a call i'd like to get everybody elses opinion to help me make a better decision.

Duckbuster82

Everyone will tell you something different, I would try other guys calls see what feels the most comfortable to you and go from there. No one can tell you what call is the best or what you will like the best. They can give suggestions and get lucky and that one works out for you. Even buy one or two cheap ones and just practice in the car, once you get the air flow down you can blow most any call.

across the river

Knowing how to call is a useless talent in Ga for 99% of the birds you will encounter. If you are hunting a flyway state, then it is valuable to know how, and most importantly when to call. As others have said, get a cheap call to start and learn on. You can get a Haydels Double Reed (dr-85 I think is the name) for 20 bucks at academy. Learn on that and if you decide you need a high dollar acrylic call later on you can drop the money then.