Calling on ole Nicodemus for counsel

buckspotter

Nicodemus

You are clearly a wise man - one of steadfast knowledge and understanding of the ways ye ole “ no feet” and how they are dangerous, yet important to be protected in the woods. I am curious as to if you consider snake boots imperative whilst in pursuit of wild game in the glorious Southland. I live in north Florida and am in the woods constantly chasing whitetails and eastern turkeys. I never wear snake boots but considering. Your thoughts?

Big7

The Oracle
How would a "new member" know about all that? You kin to him or something?

bowhunterdavid

Ask me about getting bit by a rattle snake! It will break your bank account even after your insurance company pays there part. It will put you in ICU and will scar you for life. I wouldn't care one bit what people think about you wearing snake boots, I wear them but they didn't protect my hand from getting bit. Oh well i got a good story to tell my grand kids one day.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
I wear snake boots religiously. I had a couple of close calls when I was much younger. That coupled with my fear of snakes makes it a no brainer for me.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Many members read much and post little though they have been here a long time.
Nic will be by when time allows I'm sure.

bowhunterdavid

Eleven thousand eight hundred dollars per vile is what i was charged. Two days in ICU 42000 thousand dollars and all the Meds. Doctor bill, ambulance ride. I got ten viles, most people get two are three. Total bill was 185000 dollars. I talked to a editor with the GON about getting a list of hospitals that carry anti venom. That way you will know what direction you need to go if bitten. Greensboro Hospital had it and i was only 20 minutes away from there,but the EMT's didn;t know that and i was taken to Augusta which was over a hour away. Time is everything in this case. I think a list will be posted before bow season i hope. I never thought it would happen to me,and i hope it never happens to any of you. Please be prepared if it does it could save your life.

shdw633

I wear snake boots religiously. I had a couple of close calls when I was much younger. That coupled with my fear of snakes makes it a no brainer for me.

Same here, walked up on one in the middle of a clear sandy foodplot and never even saw him. Got to within a foot of him and luckily he didn't feel like striking. I don't go out without them on now...period.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Greensboro Hospital had it and i was only 20 minutes away from there,but the EMT's didn;t know that and i was taken to Augusta which was over a hour away. .

Wow. You think that they would have gotten on the radio and asked before transport.
I would hate to be the EMT that didn't make that call. It seems negligent.

shdw633

Eleven thousand eight hundred dollars per vile is what i was charged. Two days in ICU 42000 thousand dollars and all the Meds. Doctor bill, ambulance ride. I got ten viles, most people get two are three. Total bill was 185000 dollars. I talked to a editor with the GON about getting a list of hospitals that carry anti venom. That way you will know what direction you need to go if bitten. Greensboro Hospital had it and i was only 20 minutes away from there,but the EMT's didn;t know that and i was taken to Augusta which was over a hour away. Time is everything in this case. I think a list will be posted before bow season i hope. I never thought it would happen to me,and i hope it never happens to any of you. Please be prepared if it does it could save your life.

I know the hospital in Eastman near where I hunt does not carry it and that's even more reasons to take every precaution. Like you stated, a snake bite isn't about you just getting sick, it stays with you throughout your whole life.