Camp Shower Solutions

Fletch_W

Banned
Academy has a good'n'cheap shower tent by Magellan right now, with plenty of good reviews. It's the water and plumbing part I can't quite figure out. My one luxury I like to have when camping is a good shower. If I can figure out this part, I can downgrade from the C25 to the Aliner popup rentals and save a ton of money.

What are yall using?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
5 gal bucket with hose bib.
10 ft of garden hose connected with hand sprayer on other end.
Heat water on camp stove & fill bucket.
Put ent under tree with a limb high enough to use rope to raise bucket above head high.
make hole in screen tent top below rain fly.
Hook sprayer to hook in center of top of tent.
The rest is up to you.

Fletch_W

Banned
Those look neat. It seems the only way to turn the water on or off is with the battery button, does the "shower head" itself not allow you to turn off/on the water flow?

specialk

youtube is the place to go.....

GeorgiaGlockMan

Those look neat. It seems the only way to turn the water on or off is with the battery button, does the "shower head" itself not allow you to turn off/on the water flow?
Not really, there is a pinch clip on the hose.

It needs to run constantly or the water in the pipe will throw steam at you if you're not careful.

I make a first pass recirculating into the bin to preheat the water on cold days.

bilgerat

Senior
at the camp in Ontario I hunt at they have a old wood stove out in the sauna / shower room, the wood stove in the sauna room has a copper tubing coiled around the stove pipe, water is fed into the coper tube via a 250 gal water tote up on scaffolds out back. the other end of the copper tube is connected to a 40 gal metal water tank mounted up at the ceiling above the stove with a pipe run into the shower for hot water. it will scald you if your not careful. Theres a pipe run straight from the tank into the shower room for the cold water. it takes a little adjusting the 2 valves to get the mixture just right but man a hot shower is awesome after a cold day in the bush.

Ray357

AWOL
Academy has a good'n'cheap shower tent by Magellan right now, with plenty of good reviews. It's the water and plumbing part I can't quite figure out. My one luxury I like to have when camping is a good shower. If I can figure out this part, I can downgrade from the C25 to the Aliner popup rentals and save a ton of money.

What are yall using?
I ran electrical to my site, drilled a well, and have me a bath house.