Camper AC

Doug B.

Since this is a hot time of year and none of us want to go out all day doing our thing and come back to a hot camper, or wake up in the middle of the night sweating profusely, I thought I would remind everybody to do some maintenance on your AC unit in your camper.

This is something that may need to be done every six months if you camp a lot, to at least once a year if you only go a few times.

Clean the filter in your return. Then clean the condenser coil and the evaporater coil. You can order a can for each coil from Amazon that doesn't have to be rinsed out.

This can for the condenser coil. Screenshot_20220712-224317_Amazon Shopping.jpg

And this one for the evaporater coil. Screenshot_20220712-224341_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Artfuldodger

That first one Frost King ACF 19 will have to be rinsed off if applied to a condensing coil. It is self-rinsing on condensate producing coils only such as an evaporator coil.
They do make aerosol condenser coil cleaners. They contain some stinky stuff like brake cleaner and don't go very far per can. The also have a lot of propellant and blast the dirt off. Sorta messy as all that solvent runs out of the unit.
Something like this one;
4290-75.jpg

Doug B.

Rinsing the condenser coil shouldn't be a problem so I will just rinse it I guess. To rinse the evaporater coil would take a little different approach to keep water from going inside the camper.

ilbcnu

Those spray and forget evap coil cleaners will cause dirt and debris to run down the evap coil and cause the condensate drain to clog. Just be aware

Doug B.

Those spray and forget evap coil cleaners will cause dirt and debris to run down the evap coil and cause the condensate drain to clog. Just be aware

Good point!

I plan to follow up on mine before I go camping. I'm not going to spray it and then forget it and I encourage everybody else to do the same.