Camper rebuild?

7 point

I was going to seal the roof in today but the rain moved in down here so I'm gonna try for after church tomorrow .

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Really looking forward to your posts of your progress.

7 point

Thanks .and I'm looking forward to getting involved with it.

7 point

Got the vent pulled off and recaulked after the caulking dries I'm going to put rubberized roof coating on the entire roof And i recaulked a window today.Screenshot_20200105-142608_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Swamprat

Swamprat
Keep us posted on the progress.

Wanting to do the same for that style of trailer to pull along for out of area turkey trips. Just can't find one for that price though.

7 point

Got the vents all done with roof coating next is the whole roof with a second coat on the vents Screenshot_20200110-165437_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200110-165429_Gallery.jpg

7 point

Sorry haven't been on in a few days .I just put another coat around the vents next week i will do the whole roof .its supposed to rain this weekend down here so probably won't get anything done this weekend.

7 point

I was able to get some new wood and caulking inside around the window that was leaking

transfixer

I'd like to find one of those fiberglass campers in need of some repair, they have to be easier to waterproof than the traditional kind, If you haul the traditional kind to and from your lease, or to and from campgrounds very much there is no way to keep them from leaking, Good luck with your project !

7 point

Got another winder sealed up this afternoon. Just keeping yall informed. I'll post some more pics when I start painting it

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I'd like to find one of those fiberglass campers in need of some repair, they have to be easier to waterproof than the traditional kind, If you haul the traditional kind to and from your lease, or to and from campgrounds very much there is no way to keep them from leaking, Good luck with your project !

the fiberglass will delam from the backing if you get a leak, and there is not a good way to repair it and make it look right.

I would rather work with the aluminum bodies. They aren't hard to seal.