Camper rebuild?

7 point

I found a little fiberglass scamp style but not a scamp brand trailer it's 13ft it needs some work the roof vent has been leaking so the floor underneath the vent needs to be replaced the rest of the floor seems ok but you won't know till you go into it the out side is in good shape .I can pick it up for $400 my plan is to gut the inside fix the floor build some bunks and a cook table and make it a little hunting camper . I know some of y'all have done this is it worth it?

longbowdave1

I found a little fiberglass scamp style but not a scamp brand trailer it's 13ft it needs some work the roof vent has been leaking so the floor underneath the vent needs to be replaced the rest of the floor seems ok but you won't know till you go into it the out side is in good shape .I can pick it up for $400 my plan is to gut the inside fix the floor build some bunks and a cook table and make it a little hunting camper . I know some of y'all have done this is it worth it?

Go for it! Sounds like fun.

longbowdave1

I posted a thread in the hobbies and crafts forum about a teardrop camper that I built last year. It may give you some ideas. Also look in the camping forum at some rebuilds and builds from scratch members have done a great job on. Just open your mind and your wallet, and get after it. Lol

longbowdave1

Even if you fix it up and it doesnt work out for you, you can always resell it, and maybe make a little profit too. Hunters always looking for a nice camper.

As said, post pictures.

7 point

I'll post some before and afters as I go along

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Might want to ask a mod to move to the camping forum for more input. They have had similar threads before

T-N-T

Those stylencapers are really nice for their "mostly leak proof " construction. You should definitely go for it.

7 point

I tried to post some pics but it says my file was too large.

7Mag Hunter

good luck.....rebuilding older campers can be like a snowball rolling down hill !!!!
You find an area to fix, and then another area, then another area....

I started repairing and rebuilding a window and replacing the window AC on my
13 ft, 1970 Alpine Sprite camper this summer and ended up tearing out the entire back and side walls on the back half of the camper....New framing, insulation, and
vapor barrier...it looks so much better i decided to just gut the other 1/2 of the camper and rebuild it too.....Snowball rolling down hill !!!!! LOL..

tgc

That’s pretty cool. I hope you got the title with it. That’s a huge problem with these private sales...in our state anyway.

7 point

That would be a nice setup. But I need a camp right now .