Camper Trailer Tutorial Needed

rayjay

I am thinking about buying a small camper trailer for overnighting at shooting matches and I have some questions.

Where in the Buford area can I get the tanks pumped out ?

How much do they charge for this service?

Thanks
rj

Gaducker

Tie into your system at home and dump it there. 50 bucks and dig a hole to your drain line and your done.

Jeffriesw

If the campground I am staying at does not have sewer at each site, They usually have a community dump station on the way out. When I stay at the State Parks here in Florida they mostly just have a community dump. If the line is to long I will dump them at home. I tapped into the 4" sewer line from my house to the septic tank, Installed a tee pointing up and then put a clean out screw cap on it. Beats waiting in a line when there busy.

Jeffriesw

Or did you want to know how "To dump the Tanks"?:huh:

All the tanks I have seen have a Blade style valve usually to release the tanks contents into your sewer hose which you connect to the dump point BEFORE you open the valve.

My trailer has 3 valves:
1 for the gray water from the kitchen
1 for the gray water from the bathroom sink and shower
1 for the black water from the toilet

all 3 flow into a common outlet pipe, I dump the black water first, followed by both gray's. Make sure you rinse the tanks out well before finishing, then leave a small amount of clean water in each tank with the appropriate deoderizer for each tank.:cool:
If you don't they will stink like heck.:hair::banginghe:hair:

2redheads

We dump out tanks ONLY when full at the state parks we stay at. If my tanks are not full then I fill them before dumping with clean water. I also noticed that some truck stops have a dump station.
One tip I use all the time is to dump a bag of ice on the way to your destination down the toilet. With a gallon or two of water and the ice, it sloshes around while drinving and it helps knock down the "sticky" stuff on the sensors and the side walls and helps the black tank flush out better.
ALWAYS keep at least a couple gallons in each of the tanks after you empty them. You DO NOT want toilet paper and poo to dry on the bottom.