campground with boat lift??

cuda67bnl

I do most of my salt fishing in/around Doboy Sound and Sapelo Island. I target sharks almost exclusively. I usually launch out of Blue-n-Hall Marina, and stay in a motel while I'm down there. I recently bought a Class A motorhome, and want to start taking it, instead of my truck. That way I can stay in it, rather than a motel.

Does anyone know of any campgrounds on the Ga coast that have a boat lift? I prefer not to use a ramp, to save issues with the boat trailer and fighting the current while loading and unloading. So far, I've only found Blythe Island campground which has a lift. I also found Belle Bluff in Townsend, but he has his lift rented out to a group of individuals, and they have exclusive use of it. I could buy into that deal, but the cost is much higher than would be beneficial to me. I think they're paying him 1100 a month, and there's only 8 of them splitting it.

pjciii

Why wont The marina let you unhook the boat then they hook up with their tractor and lauch for you. Go to the campground Get set upand then have one of the other guys take you over to marina And then drive it around to the camp ground. Even uber over for that fact. Then when you Leave take boat over and uber back packup rv head over to marina and get your boat. That is what i would looking at. In a class a if you are going to tow your boat your going to need uber's Help.

cuda67bnl

Getting the boat launched isn’t an issue. But I’m not looking to Uber back and forth from a campground. That’s why I asked about campgrounds with a lift…….

GTMODawg

BANNED
Why wont The marina let you unhook the boat then they hook up with their tractor and lauch for you. Go to the campground Get set upand then have one of the other guys take you over to marina And then drive it around to the camp ground. Even uber over for that fact. Then when you Leave take boat over and uber back packup rv head over to marina and get your boat. That is what i would looking at. In a class a if you are going to tow your boat your going to need uber's Help.

I have a hitch on the front of my motorhome. It works great but it ain't for the faint of heart LOL. When I have the boat I keep the motorhome as lean as possible. Too much work to pack up a house to go get a boat.

Sharkfighter

Ft Mcalister St park does not have a lift but Ft McAlister Marina has an excellent lift and is on the way to the state park. If you get lifted in there on way to the park you could then move the boat to the dock behind the campground

BDD

"Ft Mcalister St park does not have a lift but Ft McAlister Marina has an excellent lift and is on the way to the state park. If you get lifted in there on way to the park you could then move the boat to the dock behind the campground "

This is what I did for years, also stored my boat and RV at the Marina. But I also used the ramp at the State park, the current isn't to bad in Redbird creek.

Ihunt

There is a lift at the marina beside Epworth By The Sea on St Simons but I don’t know of a RV park close by. They will allow you to park your boat overnight but I think it’s first come first served.

cuda67bnl

Ft Mcalister St park does not have a lift but Ft McAlister Marina has an excellent lift and is on the way to the state park. If you get lifted in there on way to the park you could then move the boat to the dock behind the campground

I’ve used Their lift before. And I’ve been eyeing the state park because that’s a short walk. I’m thinking about seeing if the marina will let me stay in my coach in the empty storage lot across the street. For a fee, of course. I don’t need any hook ups. They let me leave my trailer in the lot for several days, when I paid to leave my boat at the dock while we were there.

cuda67bnl

I wonder if Altamaha Regional Park/Campground has one? Blythe is probably the better campground though.

They only have a ramp. And it’s a 25 plus mile run down river to reach the ocean. It’s looking like Blythe or McAllister may be my only options, unless I buy into the deal at Belle Bluff. I may contact those guys and see if I can talk them into paying per use.

seachaser

I will add the fishing at the campground is pretty good for bass and crappie. Just a heads up there is 2 lakes and when I was there the smaller back lake said closed and ask and they said I could fish they just left the signs up And that lake was great for crappie.