Can’t kill big bucks dog hunting...

krizia829

I’ve heard it several times... also “ there’s no skill involved in dog hunting” “it’s cheating” “unfair”..... I guess it takes skill shooting one standing STILL in a corn pile

hahahaha true!! I killed my first deer running dogs almost 18 years ago and still love it more than stand hunting to this day! It sure gets your adrenaline pumping!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
The first deer hunts I went on in the early 60's were dogs hunts. The first hunt I was on I got put in place that he dogs never came within a quarter mile of. About lunch time I saw my first deer in South Georgia, it was a huge Buck. There was a race going on to the north of me and I could barely hear the race. This Buck came easy across a small Creek and stopped about 30 yards from me.As I got my gun up I was shaking so bad, that I completely missed it.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
AWESOME BUCK!

Timberman

Fantastic buck! I’ve shot a couple dog hunting but nothing like that!

lonewolf247

Grew up dog hunting, we ran walkers and beagles of course, but our two best dogs were July hounds. Many folks don’t know what those are when I mention em.

Yes sir on the July Hounds! My dad used to sell deer dogs and compete in field trials years ago, and we've had a few July Hounds over the years. We've had several other walker hounds, fox hounds, black and tans, lemon and white, etc. Beagles make great deer dogs, especially in the thick stuff, but we've always had to stick with the larger breeds, because the water gets high in the late season.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Ever notice the "you can't kill a big buck _____" usually involves something that person is already against?

bilgerat

Senior
Awesome dog hunt buck!! I go to NE Ontario every year the first week of November to a huge dog hunting club. We lease over 6000 acres near the Algonquin forest, it's snow covered thick forest, rocky/hilly terrain covered with beaver ponds and huge rocky ravines. its tough on the dogs and drivers and We try to cover most of it in 8 days , Its a blast!!! the buck in my avatar is from up there.

Awesome dog hunt buck!! I go to NE Ontario every year the first week of November to a huge dog hunting club. We lease over 6000 acres near the Algonquin forest, it's snow covered thick forest, rocky/hilly terrain covered with beaver ponds and huge rocky ravines. its tough on the dogs and drivers and We try to cover most of it in 8 days , Its a blast!!! the buck in my avatar is from up there.

I bet that’s a absolute blast up there!

GAHUNTER60

Did you recover the brow tine you shot off? A guy in our club did this (only he shattered the main beam with a .30-'06 shot), recovered the pieces, and gave them all to the taxidermist. When he got the mount, you could never tell it had been shot off. Made a beautiful mount.

humdandy

Banned
I never heard that as well and have dog hunted many times.

They killed a 165 in Jenkins County dog hunting club a few weeks back.

Nice buck.

Did you recover the brow tine you shot off? A guy in our club did this (only he shattered the main beam with a .30-'06 shot), recovered the pieces, and gave them all to the taxidermist. When he got the mount, you could never tell it had been shot off. Made a beautiful mount.

I didn’t shoot the brow off.... he had already broke it before I shot him