Can a convicted felon hunt with a muzzleloader??

GunnSmokeer

When I bought a muzzle loader I don't remember having to present my permit or fill out paper work if I remember correctly... But I may not remember correctly.

You're correct, because Georgia has no laws about how the sale of guns through retail business establishment shall be done. The federal government DOES, and they draw the distinction between Blackpowder muzzle-loaders and modern firearms.

But the state of Georgia's own codes on the subject of felons possessing (not buying) firearms does not have any exception for antiques or black powder muzzlestuffers.

groundhawg

I hate to tell you but a muzzleloader is not a firearm.....

They can use muzzleloaders or archery equipment. Most of you remember Paula and Boyds business......They all hunted with a muzzleloader. Got caught flying large amounts of pot into there preserve years ago....
Incorrect in 2005 and still wrong -
Firearm- includes any handgun, rifle, shotgun, or other weapon which will or can be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or electrical charge. This would and does include muzzleloaders.

flintlock hunter

There are states which can restore the legallity of hunting with a firearm during that states persribed season ONLY. It must be presented to the courts for the decision to be made.