Can a mortgage company change your loan after closing?

Thread starter #1
I got a call from my mortgage company at work trying to verify my employment for a loan I closed on a month ago. My down payment was wired prior to closing.

Since I am the only one here they said I could not verify my own employment.

My boss told me last time they called that he did verify my employment so I was confused on why they would call again. They told me someone messed something up and they had to redo some things.

Can a bank even do anything after the loan has closed?

What would happen if I had quit right after I closed?

Sounds like someone is trying to cover their tracks from not doing their job. I recently did a re-finance and because a business owner is considered self-employed the bank called my CPA to verify my employment. My CPA called me to verify it was legit before talking to them.

Don't know if they can legally change anything after all the signing, but I do know someone who's bank asked them to come back and sign another form a week or two after closing. It wasn't anything in his favor, just another one of the forms that cover for the bank that they had "forgotten". Don't know if he went and signed it or not.

Nothing unusual . As stated above they probably left out a piece of
paper work . As long as interest rate or life of loan wasn't changed
I wouldn't worry. They are going to sell your mortgage in bulk with
other mortgages and may have noticed or lost your employ. verification.

I got a call from my mortgage company at work trying to verify my employment for a loan I closed on a month ago. My down payment was wired prior to closing.

Since I am the only one here they said I could not verify my own employment.

My boss told me last time they called that he did verify my employment so I was confused on why they would call again. They told me someone messed something up and they had to redo some things.

Can a bank even do anything after the loan has closed?

What would happen if I had quit right after I closed?
You as a buyer sign a form at closing saying you agree to cooperate if there is an error made somewhere by them. If you quit your job after you closed you are free to do so, it’s non of their biz ( unless you stop paying the mortgage )