Can Deer Smell a Chicken Biscuit from Bojangles?

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
I don't know about a deer but if I smell a Cajun filet in the woods I'm coming find it, hope you have extras.

TJay

I keep seeing a ground blind with a big buck in it and a small clearing with a sack of sausage biscuits from BJ.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve seen deer eat some weird stuff. Donuts, dog food, blueberry muffins.
Baby birds, roadkill....

A guy I knew had a pet deer that loved chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
I had a hard luck season one year so the day before last day of deer season my cousin said come on down spend the night and we’ll get you one in the morning.
When I arrived I had hoped I could wash my overalls. Well that’s when I learned his clothes were washing and how scentfree he wanted to be.
To the point of sprays, wafers, special ozone box for his clothes and all. This is not what I expected out of my cousin.
Anyway my overalls didn’t make the wash. The next morning he pulls into Bojangles for a sausage biscuit.
This is more like my cousin but I said what about all that scentfree stuff and now your ordering a greasy biscuit?
And he says that’s what these wetwipes are for.:rofl:
I’m the one who got lucky that evening at dark and I’ll never forget it and I’m afraid neither will he.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Kind of funny that deer can't smell a thermacell, but I can.....

rubicon_in_ga

Just stick with chicken. If they smell the chicken they'll be thinking "this guy just eats birds and other small critters. But if you eat a sausage biscuit or steak biscuit, the deer will be thinking "this guy eats bigger critters and mammals like me so I better stay away"

I know alot of these replies are in good humor, but there may be a grain of truth to this. For instance, I have a pet Amazon Parrot. First time (and every other time since) I ate chicken wings in the same room as the parrot, she freaked out. Any time I eat any sort of chicken/turkey around it, it's like she "knows" and gets very freaked out and starts acting weird, biting at the cage bars, squawking loudly, etc.

Who knows, maybe there's some truth to it.

Buddrow

I have found they are fond of chick fil a. And not smelling humans. So I cover myself in cat hair and used litter.