Can someone PLEASE talk me out of a 45-70?

Dub

Matt with his boy Pat with a deer Matt shot with his 45-70. It hangs on the wall in the office now at work, I'm going to miss that ol boy.

Much respect to you and your buddy, Matt. Great buck.

It's also a dang shame we can't all get our .45/70's loaded up and go kill cancer. I'd shoot it from dawn to dusk until my shoulder fell apart then I'd switch arms and keep going.

SC Hunter

Much respect to you and your buddy, Matt. Great buck.

It's also a dang shame we can't all get our .45/70's loaded up and go kill cancer. I'd shoot it from dawn to dusk until my shoulder fell apart then I'd switch arms and keep going.
We had worked together for 10 years and he became a director for a county based EMS service near by and asked if I wanted to come work there for him. He was the best boss I've ever had, we knew when it was employee and boss vs friend to friend. He dipped for 30 years and they found cancer in his jaw back in October (from dipping they told him) and took it out and he did chemo/radiation for 6 weeks. He told me in December that he had a dream that he was walking in a field with his mama and she told him everything was going to be okay. He told me he knew when he went back to the doctor he'd have it again. Just before he passed on I went and saw him and he said that every day waking up he felt like a kid on Christmas just to be able to wake up. He told me that he accepted the fact that he'd eventually die from it before he ever got home from Atlanta but was not going to just quit. He was excited about going to heaven and said he was ready to eat his mama's biscuits again. If that isn't acceptance I don't know what is, I told my wife i was buying a 45/70 and having his Paramedic number engraved in the receiver. #8581 Heck i may even dremel it in myself honestly.

I would give my left arm to make cancer go away. Heck, I'd give both my arms without a thought of whether or not to do it.

I'm done now before I get in my feelings to much.