Can we talk?

Big7

The Oracle
And.. There is a thing call RICA that is interchangeable with RCIA a few nights a week at most Catholic Churches and all of the larger one's.

A person can learn a lot there. It's main purpose is to explain Dogmas, Doctrines, Traditions along with ECF teachings and writings.

It is an official outreach to people of other faiths, other Christian denominations and folks with no faith at all that are interested in converting.

It is open to EVERYONE, regardless if the intention is to convert or not. And... You won't be judged- at all.

The facilitators are clergy and laymen and women.
I did some back in the mid 2000's a a facilitator.

Madman

I was raised Catholic buy some fairly strict Catholic parents, Catholic High school…. Married a nice southern Baptist girl. Started visiting churches to see what made the most sense for our family. A few years later I realized I was having one too many disagreements with the pope so ended up getting fully immersed at the local Baptist church. My parents were horrified, but hid it well. My in-laws were ecstatic and would joke that they washed that Catholic right off of me. I would reply that I was now covered either way.

These days I have not darkened the door of a church in years. I had trouble getting past what I saw as hypocrisy on all sides. Hunting the mountains over the past few years has given me plenty of mountaintop moments when I feel closest to God.
Don’t let Judas keep you from Jesus.

Find a good group, they exist.

God’s peace

Madman

And.. There is a thing call RICA that is interchangeable with RCIA a few nights a week at most Catholic Churches and all of the larger one's.

A person can learn a lot there. It's main purpose is to explain Dogmas, Doctrines, Traditions along with ECF teachings and writings.

It is an official outreach to people of other faiths, other Christian denominations and folks with no faith at all that are interested in converting.

It is open to EVERYONE, regardless if the intention is to convert or not. And... You won't be judged- at all.

The facilitators are clergy and laymen and women.
I did some back in the mid 2000's a a facilitator.
Or you can attend classes at most baptist churches during reformation week where you can learn that the pope is the antichrist.

Madman

I was raised Catholic buy some fairly strict Catholic parents, Catholic High school…. Married a nice southern Baptist girl. Started visiting churches to see what made the most sense for our family. A few years later I realized I was having one too many disagreements with the pope so ended up getting fully immersed at the local Baptist church. My parents were horrified, but hid it well. My in-laws were ecstatic and would joke that they washed that Catholic right off of me. I would reply that I was now covered either way.

These days I have not darkened the door of a church in years. I had trouble getting past what I saw as hypocrisy on all sides. Hunting the mountains over the past few years has given me plenty of mountaintop moments when I feel closest to God.
I was raised high church Anglican, married a nice Baptist girl. After about 4 Sundays at my church she wanted to know where this church had been all her life.

Big7

The Oracle
Or you can attend classes at most baptist churches during reformation week where you can learn that the pope is the antichrist.

And, if they tell the truth, you will find: If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam, in 1606. In other words, man made.

A full 552 years after the Great Schism of 1054. 1606 years after Christ founded His Church.:wink:

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
One of my best friend is a Church of Christ member.

I am a Baptist.

We discovered, pretty quickly, that neither "denomination" means anything unless you know the doctrine of the specific body of believers.

We used to talk all the time about our religious beliefs, and never had anything other than friendly, respectable disagreements.

99 percent of the time, it's was just semantics (hardly anything fundamental).

There are many misunderstandings about the differences in various protestant, evangelical, fundamentalist, Christian faiths.

Where I live (in the north Georgia Mountains), we could interchange preachers between Southern Baptist, traditional Methodists, Holiness, independent Baptist, Pentecostals, Church of Christ, Anabaptists, and Congregational Christians and not miss a beat if everyone could agree on pushing someone's head underwater during "baptism".

There are even Mormons that come to our worship services, because 99% of it is what they believe.
They just disagree on who will talk to each other in the liquor store. :)

Big7

The Oracle
Then there is this.4c17986618984f105df07500eef15060bcc4793a636c8dd828d6a60e74108815_1-2.jpg