Can you be scientific and spiritual?

jollyroger

I would think the bible should be 100% accurate regarding the information contained within it's text.
I agree it is not a science book, but it does contain some science and much of the science in it is incorrect. Even though it tells who is responsible there are examples of those methods used by the responsible party which are inaccurate.
There is an extremely wide gap of accuracy between the inspired words of a god and actual words of a god. In much of life people who are inspired by others to do things, say things, write things happens without any actual involvement with who ever or what ever inspired the people to do it.

In the case of the bible , to me the flow feels more like the people were inspired by their beliefs to write their own versions of what they think happened as a way to honor their god rather than any actual god's involvement directing them what to say, how it was to be said and making sure it was to the infallible quality as a god would naturally produce.

It feels that way to me too.

This is not to discount the wisdom in the words and peoples' takeaway, it's just very collage-like in its final form.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
It feels that way to me too.

This is not to discount the wisdom in the words and peoples' takeaway, it's just very collage-like in its final form.
People (some) are smart, VERY smart, just not infallible. The works of the Bible reflect that. I totally appreciate the works as historical tales of a cultures struggle to exist through religious beliefs. Quite frankly it is a marvelous collection of various writers over centuries. It is a representation of their religions progression, but no different in the magnitude of intelligence and effort than the works of many other cultures religious writings. The details differ for sure but the works and stories inside them all are as epic.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
For centuries the book would have it's readers believe that a god was interactive daily with a select culture of people and then all of a sudden.....it stopped and nothing since.

Latest posts