Canoe build, sort of.....

longbowdave1

2 flag update. The charity benefit for Carole was held today. The two flags raised 250$ for a very deserving family in silent auctions. Despite a rain soaked afternoon, at least 1200 or more people attended and raised a lot of money from donated food, drinks, and gifts. Great to see a small community come together for a great cause.

longbowdave1

Cant believe I never saw this thread. Incredible work Dave!
Thanks Jim. I hope to take some pictures of the canoe hanging by May 14th, when I go back to camp. Ed and Vicky decided to hang it in the oustside bar/ band shelter like I originally planned it for. First live music of the summer on the 14th, and little canoe should make its debut in it's new home. Im sure it will be a packed house, lot of my friends, and family in attendance.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Thanks Jim. I hope to take some pictures of the canoe hanging by May 14th, when I go back to camp. Ed and Vicky decided to hang it in the oustside bar/ band shelter like I originally planned it for. First live music of the summer on the 14th, and little canoe should make its debut in it's new home. Im sure it will be a packed house, lot of my friends, and family in attendance.

Good stuff and bound to be good times

longbowdave1

I got a lot of compliments on the little canoe. I was a bit anxious to see how it looked as the sun went down. It compliments the look of the bar and all the other decor. Vicky really loved the canoe, and she was so happy to see it in action tonight.

longbowdave1

I added a few projects to the outside bar known as the Shed. First was installing a sound system for music when there are no live bands. Put in bluetooth, FM/ PA system with a powered FM antenna since its in the middle of no where. Fashioned up some 200 watt marine speakers mounted in small gavanized wash tubs to fit the rustic look.

20220709_123905.jpg

longbowdave1

They also want to host outdoor weddings. Vicky asked if I would buikd a wedding arbor for the ceremonies. Here it is. Shes not done decorating it yet. The bottom brace is just temporary from setting it up, it will be removed. I usually paint things to make them new, she wanted it painted toook old.

20220709_123834.jpg