Carolina Squat

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Now South Carolina and Georgia need to enact the same legislation. Not only is it stupid it’s dangerous.
I'm tired of being blinded by those idots who spent a few thousand dollars to ruin their trucks and make them unusable as a truck.

sinclair1

Most of the ones I pass are shining light up in the trees not in my eyes.

specialk

NC and VA i know for a fact have safety inspections that are required in order to legally drive your vehicle on the road..use yo be every six months but i think its yearly now....cracked windshield, shot headlight, blinker not working--park it till you get it fixed.....height requirements too....

specialk

they only way around it is a farm use vehicle, but thats another thing altogether...different rules....

Hillbilly stalker

Been illegal in SC as long as I can remember. There is a minimum and maximum headlight and taillight requirement. There are also requirement's for the aiming of headlights. Any state that has inspection sticker laws already had the power to stop it, its part of a proper inspection. We always said they were "possum hunting":bounce: Daddies money.

Doboy Dawg

NC and VA i know for a fact have safety inspections that are required in order to legally drive your vehicle on the road..use yo be every six months but i think its yearly now....cracked windshield, shot headlight, blinker not working--park it till you get it fixed.....height requirements too....

Florida and Georgia used to have the vehicle inspections too. Florida started with emissions inspections and thousands of vehicles were getting failed. Shortly after that the legislature stopped the inspections due to cost overruns by the state.

Florida got rid of the inspections and Georgia followed them. In Florida the state ran the inspection centers and they were strict.

I remember being with my grandfather in Georgia and pulling up to the gas station, he blew the horn guy walked out and my grandfather said I need a inspection. He said that’s 5 bucks. He handed the guy 5 bucks and he gave him a decal. I laughed, my pops said what’s funny? I said you’d never get away with that in Florida!

Florida had like a 35 point inspection and failing any of the listed items failed your car until repairs were made and another inspection obtained at your expense.

specialk

Florida and Georgia used to have the vehicle inspections too. Florida started with emissions inspections and thousands of vehicles were getting failed. Shortly after that the legislature stopped the inspections due to cost overruns by the state.

Florida got rid of the inspections and Georgia followed them. In Florida the state ran the inspection centers and they were strict.

I remember being with my grandfather in Georgia and pulling up to the gas station, he blew the horn guy walked out and my grandfather said I need a inspection. He said that’s 5 bucks. He handed the guy 5 bucks and he gave him a decal. I laughed, my pops said what’s funny? I said you’d never get away with that in Florida!

Florida had like a 35 point inspection and failing any of the listed items failed your car until repairs were made and another inspection obtained at your expense.

i remember them too...wish they would bring them back..keep junk off our roads....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Had to go get my truck inspected this afternoon before I could renew my tag.

specialk

Had to go get my truck inspected this afternoon before I could renew my tag.

do yall have emisson inspection?...thats all we got down here.....yearly....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
do yall have emisson inspection?...thats all we got down here.....yearly....
Not in my county. Next county over that contains Asheville, yes. Just a safety inspection here. $13 to the state.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Here in "metro" Georgia is just a emission inspection now.. used to be a full safety inspection until mid 90's. Any car / truck made after 1989 has to have a test each year to get one's tag.. unless the owner is over 60 and drives less than 5,000 miles per year. Yeah.. I think that's funny too.

Doboy Dawg

Sounds kinda like a nosey HOA :rofl:my cracked windshield is my business.

The way the law was written in Florida during the “inspection years” was, If the crack was 6” or longer on the drivers side of the windshield, they would fail the inspection. There was some leeway on it.