Carroll County Hogs??

RICHD

Anyone seeing or killing hogs in the Carroll county area? I have read many threads about this area but they are years old. I hunt the Alamo area with success but may be moving to Carroll county. Hog hunting is my passion, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not looking for your secret hunting spot.....I just want to know if there are hogs in that area.

greg j

There are no public hunting areas in Carroll county that i know of , and i have never seen a hog in Carroll county.

RICHD

guess i better not move there. Are there any areas near that west central region that produces hogs?

Last edited by a moderator:

RICHD

Thanks for all the input. This isn't the news I wanted to receive but it looks like I will be driving a lot to find hogs!

bubbafowler

Unfortunately no hogs in the area. I live over the river in coweta. Have to drive 1-2 hours to get to a huntable hog population. Probably about the only area in the state like it. You hear rumors of small populations or single hogs in some areas, but I have a sneaky suspicion that they're previously trapped and released hogs.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I wonder why this area of the state doesn’t have any . I live in Troup , and hunt Heard and Troup a lot and never seen any or signs of them . Have heard of a few being seen or killed, but not a huntable population

transfixer

I've heard and been told there are hogs in south Douglas county, down in the general area of the Chattahoochee, but as far as I know there is no public land anywhere down there .

ucfireman

Unfortunately no hogs in the area. I live over the river in coweta. Have to drive 1-2 hours to get to a huntable hog population. Probably about the only area in the state like it. You hear rumors of small populations or single hogs in some areas, but I have a sneaky suspicion that they're previously trapped and released hogs.
I wonder why this area of the state doesn’t have any . I live in Troup , and hunt Heard and Troup a lot and never seen any or signs of them . Have heard of a few being seen or killed, but not a huntable population

I live close to the river, my creek feeds it. I don't know why they don't run the river in this area. Plenty of large private acreage around. Seems middle Ga they are in the river drainages but for some reason from West point north they aren't there.
I do hear there are some in the area just across the Alabama line (same latitude).
But truly I'm happy they aren't here. After hearing the stories from those that do have them.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I live close to the river, my creek feeds it. I don't know why they don't run the river in this area. Plenty of large private acreage around. Seems middle Ga they are in the river drainages but for some reason from West point north they aren't there.
I do hear there are some in the area just across the Alabama line (same latitude).
But truly I'm happy they aren't here. After hearing the stories from those that do have them.
Yeah I agree , I’ve hunted all my life around them and they are aggravating , but fun to shoot and excellent eating . I also have a good friend that hunts about 15 minutes out of West Point in Alabama and they have quite a few on his lease