Cast & Blast Suggestions

Joel

Started a thread in the fishing section and one of the reply got me thinking about doing a cast & blast for my son's Christmas this year. Does anybody have anyone they'd recommend. Would love to hear some stories about how it went. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you'd like.

jdgator

I enjoy coastal Louisiana during teal season. Over the past 5 years South East Louisiana has become less reliable for blasting but still great for casting. I understand that coastal Texas is the new place to blast and cast. West of Houston.

Bottomtime

I have used Capt. Anthony Kyzar with Cajun Fish and Hunt out of Houma LA a few times over the past couple of years. Blasting is hit or miss, depending upon the weather and the migration obviously. The casting has been off the chain every time. We went for the teal opener this year and there were no birds in the area. The trout and redfish made up for it though.

And as far as taking kids, I highly recommend that for these guys. They go above and beyond to make my sons feel important and ensure they enjoy the trip, even if the birds don't cooperate. This year's trip was what my son wanted to do for his birthday.20220910_114804.jpg20220911_135257.jpg

dfhooked

If you are taking your son and looking for a great time look up Cajun Fishing Adventures in Buras La. Capt Ryan has amazing lodging, great guides for fishing and hunting and has some great duck hunting property. i Would definitely be looking in the Venice area if you are looking for Louisiana cast and blast. With a dry Mississippi River up the fly way SE La could be in for a good year as the food is looking fabulous in the marsh. If you are hoping a plane you could look to the Texas coastline as well.