Catch thread 1/29/23

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Mine will stay set until season ends, mating season is amping up here

Doug B.

Im about 25 Miles away so it just sucks.
I have driven that far, or even farther, for paying jobs. I'm glad I have farmers here that appreciate my trapping that is close. They usually compensate me some at the end of the season that makes it worth my while. The thing is, I would probably do it anyhow just because I love doing it. Besides, what am I going to do with all my traps if I'm not putting them in the ground?

WOODIE13

I have driven that far, or even farther, for paying jobs. I'm glad I have farmers here that appreciate my trapping that is close. They usually compensate me some at the end of the season that makes it worth my while. The thing is, I would probably do it anyhow just because I love doing it. Besides, what am I going to do with all my traps if I'm not putting them in the ground?
Christmas everyday for me...but really like the snares in all the rain and mud

dfurdennis

I trap in exchange for my hunting dues...it's lopsided like crazy....but got hooked on my first catch and can't seem to quit....

WOODIE13

I trap in exchange for my hunting dues...it's lopsided like crazy....but got hooked on my first catch and can't seem to quit....
I do it to a point like that on some properties, but ultimately hope to increase my grandkids getting something

sportsman94

Doug, you may want to get rid of those belisles and pick up some dukes. Looks like that one was a little slow. I’ll take those defective traps off your hands once you get your dukes in. Congrats!

WOODIE13

Half way through checking the line, had to warm up, wind is brutal. Did catch the bobcat in a blind set and coyote in a snare. Time to reset20230203_121946.jpg

Doug B.

Doug, you may want to get rid of those belisles and pick up some dukes. Looks like that one was a little slow. I’ll take those defective traps off your hands once you get your dukes in. Congrats!
I had this one set at a crossover where the were going from the creek across to the river with a toilet between them. I was hoping they were going to be going toward the river. This one didn't which is why it was caught so far back. If it had been a Duke it may not have slowed it down any!!!