wvdawg

Staff member
Pretty cat!

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Nice one

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Piece of plywood about 2'x3' with a notch in the bottom...

Back the cat up to the length of the trap chain, put the notch over leg and trap, and turn him loose. Helps to have an accomplice to hold the board, or release the trap.

Still sketchy at best...:LOL:

Thanks RR - very sketchy. Hats off to those who do that.

twtabb

Back the cat up to the length of the trap chain, put the notch over leg and trap, and turn him loose. Helps to have an accomplice to hold the board, or release the trap.

Please video next release?

Doug B.

How the heck do you release a ticked off cat? That seems like a dicey proposition.
It doesn't matter the circumstances, it doesn't matter what kind of day the cat is having, it doesn't matter how big a man you are, it doesn't matter what time of year it is, a bobcat is mad every time you have one in a trap. Turning one loose, especially with a catch pole, is an adventure. The plywood method I'm sure is better, but I just keep trying to perfect my catch pole method. It will keep you paying attention for sure!!!!

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Oh Yes, Ga has a season on everything.

Buddy got him out of the trap since I was working, and said the release "went much better than he expected"

Must be a good buddy.

It doesn't matter the circumstances, it doesn't matter what kind of day the cat is having, it doesn't matter how big a man you are, it doesn't matter what time of year it is, a bobcat is mad every time you have one in a trap. Turning one loose, especially with a catch pole, is an adventure. The plywood method I'm sure is better, but I just keep trying to perfect my catch pole method. It will keep you paying attention for sure!!!!

I release with a catch pole as well. Frankly, catch pole or plywood, anyone would owe me big time for releasing their cat.

Here is mine from earlier this week:

Last edited:

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
No @GAEngineer, Bob was buddy's problem from the get go... ?

I set those traps for him to protect his goat pen, and guineas. He agreed to check em every morning, and deal with what we caught. We were expecting a Yote he's seen a time or two, NOT Bob...:LOL:

Be assured, had I not been at work, I would have been there!!! :LOL:

Nice cat, btw(y)

Doug B.

Must be a good buddy.

I release with a catch pole as well. Frankly, catch pole or plywood, anyone would owe me big time for releasing their cat.

Here is mine from earlier this week:

See how mad that one is. You haven't even touched it yet! Good looking cat though.

furtaker

I've heard the plywood works well.

I take a big plastic container and put it over the cat and pull his foot out and release him. Works well.