Challenge Teams: The Last Weekend

Bubba_1122

Last weekend of the season. And it's been a fun one for me. Blind hog found 3 acorns (I'd rather be lucky than good).

The Challenge: I ain't a judge, but seems from the score sheet and the posts that headed into the last weekend there's a fairly tight race.

All this is subject to judging week 6 and 7 birds, but:

Team 10 appears to have 38 points with 6 birds. The Wild Turkey Fanatics have gotten it done all year.
Team 5 appears to have 33 points with 5 birds. A late flurry of waddle whacking has The Whackers in the mix.
Team 7 appears to have 29 points with 5 birds. Thunder Chicken Killers have an outside shot.

For team 10, a wild card bird could put this thing away for them.

For my team (5), we need a bird with bonus points to get ahead of team 10. A bird and a wild card bird would go a long way.

For team 7, they need one sho nuff good bird or a bird and a wild card bird to get to get ahead of team 10.

Two days left. Birds are chirping outside my house. Big birds will be gobbling soon.

My first year in the challenge, and win, lose or draw, it's been mighty fun. Have really enjoyed the other guys on my team.

Best wishes to all y'all out there hunting today and tomorrow. Be safe.

Last edited:

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
It's always fun Bubba. You get to meet new folks and enjoy watching others harvest birds. Now you see how it feels to sit at home with your harvest sheet full and not be able to go hunting. I miss being out there and playing the cat n mouse game with them. It's gonna be a nice cool weekend. Should be some good singing going on from the trees. Regardless who wins I've enjoyed it once again!

Bubba_1122

I miss being out there and playing the cat n mouse game with them. It's gonna be a nice cool weekend. Should be some good singing going on from the trees. Regardless who wins I've enjoyed it once again!

It adds an extra dimension. I'm definitely missing being in the woods this morning.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
It sure is dead in here , you would almost think everyone was tagged out , and you are right Bubba , this challenge is a great way to meet friends, I've gotten to know some guys threw this challenge and its almost like I've known them all my life ! One more day , who's gonna get it done tomorrow!

GAMHUNTER35

yea had alot of fun an made some new friends an learned a little bit more bout these toms.going to go an listen to them gobble in the am for the last time hardly seems like it has been 7 weeks

Johnny 71

Junebug
Yep I hope they go ahead and count it up, waiting won't change the score

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
A lot of this is yalls fault. If Yall had taken better pics , they wouldn't still be looking at them.
If i could shoot better, I wouldn't have to run them over. Lols