Chamber Vacuum suggestions

Bjrink

Looking for a high quality chamber vacuum under $1,000. So far can’t decided between LEM, or Weston pro 2500?

Mauser

Got a vacmaster vp215,paid 650 for it 3 years ago on amazon.it was a warehouse open box deal. No complaints so far. Not sure what they cost now

Bjrink

Man I thought I would have all kinds of opinions. Maybe I should ask what Caliber Sealer... lol!!

B. White

Got a vacmaster vp215,paid 650 for it 3 years ago on amazon.it was a warehouse open box deal. No complaints so far. Not sure what they cost now

I went with this brand/model also, but just bought it last year. I found https://vacuumsealersunlimited.com to have the best prices at the time. The lady running it answered my email questions on the weekend and she was very good with follow up tracking info. They also had a good selection of quality bags and decent prices. We have been using it almost daily between the two of us. It will not pay for itself a lot sooner than you think with 3 cent bags.

Bjrink

I also think that $1000 is a lot to spend. However I think investing in a high quality sealer is more important than a high dollar scope or rifle. I enjoy the hunt but also enjoy eating the best product I can produce for my family.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
I also think that $1000 is a lot to spend. However I think investing in a high quality sealer is more important than a high dollar scope or rifle. I enjoy the hunt but also enjoy eating the best product I can produce for my family.

Chamber vacs aren't necessarily better, just different in that they allow you to vacuum seal liquids and use cheaper bags. If you are mostly sealing meat, a regular vacuum sealer will do just as good of a job. A Weston pro 1100 will suck all the air out just like the chamber vac for a lot less money. With all that said I would love to own a chamber vac for the ability to seal liquids, but I just can't justify the expense. I use a $30 food saver with the resealable zipper bags. I keep my costs down by washing and reusing the bags a couple of times. I've eaten meat that was frozen for 2 years with no discernible loss of quality.