Charging a Campsite Battery

saltysenior

I use a small riding mower 12v battery for lighting at a campsite..also run a 12v fan during nap time...can this battery be recharged with using clips and a cigarette liter plug while riding in the tow vehicle ???

GunnSmokeer

In for answers.

I'm wondering whether the small gauge wiring for your cigarette lighter outlet can handle the current draw of charging a 12 V battery.

Have you considered acquiring a medium sized 12 V automobile battery with a built-in carrying handle on top which you can trickle charge at home from a unit that plugs into the wall of your garage (or basement if you want to carry the battery down there)?

I have seen those battery charging units and emergency start things on sale for $39. I've use them both ways, although more often as a trickle charger that takes several hours to top off a weak battery. 2 AMP draw is all it uses in the trickle charge mode.

greg_n_clayton

I use a small riding mower 12v battery for lighting at a campsite..also run a 12v fan during nap time...can this battery be recharged with using clips and a cigarette liter plug while riding in the tow vehicle ???
I thought you was in a land yacht !! Hope your are well sir ! Haven't seen ya around lately ! Or maybe I ain't been in the right places ! I seem to lean toward the morbid in my older age ! Where most elders would lean toward the more sensible ! Hope you are well Sir !

Last edited:

BriarPatch99

Just hook the jumper cables to it and you truck will charge it in no time...

trout maharishi

I run an inverter plugged into the cig lighter port to power a charger that will charge the battery while I'm ridding. Yea it requires extra stuff. But I usually carry an inverter and a charger when I'm camping anyway. It let's me slow trickle charge a marine battery that I run my cpap machine off of.

Last edited: