Charlie Elliott w the boys.

Big7

The Oracle
Never rabbit hunted there but 1 time years ago.
Don't know about now, but back then, it was good rabbit hunting.

I've been fishing a good bit there this past year and some the year before and rumbled around the fields and wood lines.

It is slap tore up with turkey. Got to get them early tho. There is a decent size private property on the main road going in- on the left.

When the calling and shooting starts, they go there and stay. Prolly saw 30 at the time on several occasions.

Glad y'all got a squirrel. ?

Hunter/Mason

It was a good day. Me and my buddy have been talking about it for years but just never go. I forgot how much fun it was. We’re gonna go to big laser soon. He lives closer to there and we both want a fox squirrel to mount. Me and my son cleaned em and quarterd em. I’ve never had a good way to clean em. Guess that’s 1 thing I wasn’t taught as a kid. We didn’t say hunt others than yard w a pellet gun. I cut em around the middle and tried to pull the skin off but it didn’t work great. I know there’s a better way that the real squirrel hunters do. I’m all ears if there is.

Hillbilly stalker

It was a good day. Me and my buddy have been talking about it for years but just never go. I forgot how much fun it was. We’re gonna go to big laser soon. He lives closer to there and we both want a fox squirrel to mount. Me and my son cleaned em and quarterd em. I’ve never had a good way to clean em. Guess that’s 1 thing I wasn’t taught as a kid. We didn’t say hunt others than yard w a pellet gun. I cut em around the middle and tried to pull the skin off but it didn’t work great. I know there’s a better way that the real squirrel hunters do. I’m all ears if there is.

Big7

The Oracle
I knew the Stalker would know the best way.

No more than I kill, I do have a little trick that works.

Take a box knife or razor blade and go around the neck at the head, down the belly and all four of the legs on the inside. Cut off the feet at the knee joint with some limb pruning shears and nail the head to a tree or post like you would do a catfish. Take some pliers and grab the skin at the nap of the neck at the cut line and pull.

Most times it will come off in one or two pulls.
Then all you got to do is gut and blow it out good with a hose nozzle.

I used to hunt squirrels a lot more. Hope to get back to it. I love to eat them. ?