Chased out some birds today

longbowdave1

I stopped at the hunting spot today to put a few trail cameras in for the fall deer season. When I rolled in to the field to park, I kicked out a flock of about 20 birds milling about in the grass field, and roosted in the shaded treeline. One left its calling card behind as they scattered.

Sept 12th I start chasing the deer with the bow, and I will have a fall turkey tag in my pocket good for one Tom or hen.(y)feather 1.jpg

wvdawg

Staff member
Twenty is a good number! Hope you tag one in a couple months!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Good luck , every turkey season I always pick up the first turkey feather I find and put it in my vest and keep it til my last hunt , brings me luck !

longbowdave1

Good luck , every turkey season I always pick up the first turkey feather I find and put it in my vest and keep it til my last hunt , brings me luck !
Now you tell me..... I left my good luck out there. Got to go back there soon. In the clear cut area on top, the weeds are ridiculously tall! The perfect storm of rain and heat has the weeds shoulder to head high. Can see were the deer and turkey are blazing trails through the weed jungle.got to open it up to be able to hunt the area in September.