Chatooga river fishing

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
Anyone ever float sections 2 and or 3 fishing? Saw a video and trying to put together a trip. Section 2 looks easy enough. Section 3 past earls ford could go either way.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Great fishing. Have a blast.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Sorry, my little girl grabbed my phone. Section 2, East Fork or West Fork for fishing. Section 3 has several tough rapids for fishing craft. Early in Section 3 is a small vertical drop that would be tough in a canoe or float.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Lol, got any better info than that. Have you floated section 3? If so in what. Is it doable in a sit on top?

I would do it in a SOT but not with fishing gear. Second Ledge, Eye of the Needle and Screaming Left will get your gear. Bull Sluice too.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
And yes, I’ve paddled it literally hundreds of times but in a playboat. We always fished out of a canoe further upstream.

Fletch_W

Banned
Hwy 28 to Earls is a fishing trip I've been wanting to do for 20 years. Those DH fish don't know they aren't allowed to go South of Hwy 28.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
So maybe fish the west fork and
all the way to earls ford

Yes. Everything up to Earls is safe. And good fishing too. One of the biggest bows I ever caught was in that stretch.

Fletch_W

Banned
How long, without stopping, would it take to get from LongBottom/LowWater down to Earls, just drifting?

Where can legal camping be done along the way?

Approaching Earl's, how to ensure you don't pass it? Are there signs and signals and whatnot?

Is Earl's only approachable by vehicle from the SC side, or can you get there from the GA side for the purpose of pulling a hull out?

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
How long, without stopping, would it take to get from LongBottom/LowWater down to Earls, just drifting?

Approaching Earl's, how to ensure you don't pass it? Are there signs and signals and whatnot?

Is Earl's only approachable by vehicle from the SC side, or can you get there from the GA side for the purpose of pulling a hull out?

It’s a 2 hour float with no fishing.

Not sure about camping as I lived in Clemson but I think you can camp at Earls Ford.

You’ll know from the traffic. No signs but I used to get super irritated seeing people drive Jeep’s into the River on the GA side and washing them in the river.

We always used the SC side out of Mountain Rest but there’s a road from Clayton that gets you to the GA side.

Please research though. I’m 44 and quit paddling when I left school. Things change.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro

You can drive all the way to the river at earls on the ga side.there is one river crossing you will have to do,and it can get up to the middle of your door at times.i have a tundra with a small lift and it only gets to the bumper. There are some pretty sweet campsites there. From what I understand you can camp anywhere on the river as long as a certain distance from river. But all the spots are actually right on it.
As far as ensuring you don't pass it. I always suggest scouting out the take out spots so you don't pass them. Sometimes even marking them with flagging tape or dropping a pin on ur phone.

Fletch_W

Banned
You can drive all the way to the river at earls on the ga side.there is one river crossing you will have to do,and it can get up to the middle of your door at times.

Sounds like I'd be coming in from the SC side then. Thanks for the info.

I always come from the SC side anyway, 85 is a breeze and so is Cherokee hwy. Much faster than playing hop scotch up 441.