Chattahoochee fall line Hilliard tract quota!

Myself, as well as my brother and uncle were selected for the 2nd hunt this year? Supposed to be a decent place? Looking forward to scouting it. What about you?

Mac

Got the first hunt and son got the youth hunt. Going Down this weekend to look around.

Mac

Rode some of the area, I would call the open roads ( IMO it is a stretch to call them roads). I really did not want to drive my truck in some of those places.

The trails were overgrown and the camp area was it bad need of bush hogging.

Did not really get out and walk any, but first impression was not that impressed.

Rode some of the area, I would call the open roads ( IMO it is a stretch to call them roads). I really did not want to drive my truck in some of those places.

The trails were overgrown and the camp area was it bad need of bush hogging.

Did not really get out and walk any, but first impression was not that impressed.

Ahh man, hopefully they’ll cut the campsite. Is everything pretty much over grown?

Mac

Yes, over grown, The interactive map showed a bunch of food plots, but I did not see any that was planted except the dove field area.
One area I had targeted from the maps and google earth. I did not even try to walk into, becaue the trail I would have needed a machet. LOL

Besides the dove field I could see no sign of any work, done on the place.
I did not ride the whole WMA, but the Check station, camp area and the south end near the dove field was very small pines to 15 year old pines. Nothing large enough to use a climbing stand.

Mac

IMO, wildlife opening is not head high in weeds and briars!