Chattahoochee in ATL???

bscrandall

About to spend a month in Atlanta for work and thought I might try to get some fishing in. I’ve read some about the recreationarea an spot that I think was called paces mill or something like that. I know there are probably better options upriver but that would be the closest spot to me. Any tips? Also what’s the possibility of trout right i there? I’ve heard they stock some. Thanks in advance

Browniez

About to spend a month in Atlanta for work and thought I might try to get some fishing in. I’ve read some about the recreationarea an spot that I think was called paces mill or something like that. I know there are probably better options upriver but that would be the closest spot to me. Any tips? Also what’s the possibility of trout right i there? I’ve heard they stock some. Thanks in advance

Find some smaller creeks and streams. Sweetwater Creek and is a good one. There are several in the area that are nice.

They’re going to be blowing so much water the next 6-8 weeks wading is 100% out of the question down there.

If you don’t have a powerboat the Hooch is out for awhile.

Teh Wicked

The hooch is awesome, but its flooded right now. Going to take at least a week or better of no rain to clean up and get down to a level that's fishable on a boat.

But there are plenty of public access spots you can get o if you want.

westcobbdog

For trout the Hooch is your best best, and in metro Atl it’s the only real trout waters, 57 degrees yr round. N Ga has 3700 miles of trout water if memory serves, so a day trip to N Ga Mtns would be in order.Be careful entering the water because when they let the water out of Buford dam its dangerous to wade.

James12

For trout the Hooch is your best best, and in metro Atl it’s the only real trout waters, 57 degrees yr round. N Ga has 3700 miles of trout water if memory serves, so a day trip to N Ga Mtns would be in order.Be careful entering the water because when they let the water out of Buford dam its dangerous to wade.

I’d say there’s trout in the Hooch below Morgan Falls Dam in the winter months if/when they’re stocking there, but I’m not convinced they’re holding reproducing there through the remainder of the year.... I know many want to say they survive the striper and warmer months, but I not convinced.