Chattahoochee WMA Cleanup Day

Killer Kyle

I got a call from a friend of mine last week who works for DNR in Region 2. He knew I moved to middle GA, but called to invite me to a volunteer clean-up day on Chattahoochee WMA. I don't know if DNR has it up on the website yet, but I told him I'd post the info online to help get the word out. I plan to be there.
The volunteer workday is March 14th from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. Meet up is at the check station. I'll be there. Hope to see y'all there as well!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Great event , I wonder if all Wmas do something similar , I’ve been involved in a couple lake clean ups and it’s very rewarding and needed !

oldguy

Great event , I wonder if all Wmas do something similar , I’ve been involved in a couple lake clean ups and it’s very rewarding and needed !
They don't but they should! I tried to raise interest on here several years back for just such a thing on a local WMA. Got ZERO interest.

Killer Kyle

Splatek, of course kids would be welcome! Teaching them to be good stewards of our resources at a very young age is a great lesson that we can pass onto future generations!
Are kids welcome, or do they just get in the way?
Spencer and I could come

twincedargap

trying to clear my calendar, but assuming I make it, what do we need to bring? trash bags? rakes? other? (and promise to get a muzzle for cujo!)

LONGTOM

I talked to DNR ,they will have trash bags. you will need gloves,old clothes,and any water and snacks you want. we will fill the bags and leave them on the side of road. trash will be mostly cans ,cups, tires and dirty diapers. Bring all your friends!

TonyP62

Does anyone know why the road into Chattahoochee is closed? Wanted to ride through Tuesday and the gate is closed.

twincedargap

Does anyone know why the road into Chattahoochee is closed? Wanted to ride through Tuesday and the gate is closed.
Two weeks ago gates were closed just past the intersection with Martin Branch. I assume its due to the high water levels. White Oak Gap Rd was also closed at the first major creek, maybe Davis Crk?

Last edited:

twincedargap

I believe the gates are closed so they do not have to manage the people.
These aren’t normally closed when a season is closed. That said I’m glad for it since the roads would Likely be destroyed by knuckleheads if still open. I can still hike in so doesn’t bother me.

LONGTOM

I am 73 years old and I can't hike that far now. trout season is open and I can not get to the stream. It does bother me.

NGA44

I am 73 years old and I can't hike that far now. trout season is open and I can not get to the stream. It does bother me.
Couldn’t get to the stream if the road gets destroyed by yahoos from ATL either. Take your choice, no access for a little while, or no access for very long time while they try to find money to fix the road.

twincedargap

The stream was being fished in various spots the all along previous two miles back towards town. There’s access if you want it, just not past the Martin Branch.

Last edited: