Check out Daniel Defense H9 pistol

menhadenman

Saw this for the first time this morning... sure looks nice! Let me know what you think @Dub , I consider you the pistola guy on here (y)

Dub

I have seen it covered in the various SHOT Show updates.

It does appear to allow a high grip and low bore axis. Good features.

Some adjustability with grip panels being changeable.

Alloy frame, rail and optics ready are good features. Georgia rooted company is a big plus.

It is, however, a $1,300 striker fired gun……and I don’t know if the looks will grow on me.

I am grateful my needs are covered with comfortable carrying 1911’s and highly shootable optics wearing 2011’s & strikers. I can speak with certainty that I won’t be adding one of these DD pistols for those reasons.

My funds this year are being directed towards rifle fun.

menhadenman

Alloy frame, rail and optics ready are good features. Georgia rooted company is a big plus.

It is, however, a $1,300 striker fired gun……and I don’t know if the looks will grow on me.

I am grateful my needs are covered with comfortable carrying 1911’s and highly shootable optics wearing 2011’s & strikers. I can speak with certainty that I won’t be adding one of these DD pistols for those reasons.

Good insights on that pistol @Dub … I’m pretty set on handguns but I swear they’re like women when I was in high school. I loved em every one :love:

I will admit that I’m not nearly the handgun shot as I am a rifle or even a shotgun guy, but dang I can shoot a 1911. After getting a couple 45 Kimbers that I can ring em up with I’m immediately attracted to pistols that are similar, even slightly so.

Even my 22/45 is a hoot!

But you’re right… maybe $700 I’d bite. Not $1300.

Balrog

Is there some advantage to the H9 design? I agree a high grip and low bore axis are good features, but Glock has those for about $500.

My main issue with it (beyond the price) is logistical. It would mean I need proprietary magazines, difficulty locating small parts if they needed to be replaced, difficulty finding holsters, etc.

I will just stick with Glocks and 1911s.

transfixer

There are many people who will buy it simply because its DD branded, mostly because those people think brand names means something, to me many of them mean you're paying for the name and the performance is over-rated, DD is one of those companies that I consider grossly over-rated

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
There are many people who will buy it simply because its DD branded, mostly because those people think brand names means something, to me many of them mean you're paying for the name and the performance is over-rated, DD is one of those companies that I consider grossly over-rated
Amen.

Ajohnson0587

It's a Hudson H9 with a new name. That gun is a hunk of junk, I won one at a pistol match 4yrs ago, couldn't get it to run a full mag of ammo without it having a double feed or stove piping. Sent it back several times and eventually I found a guy that wanted it more than I did, and claimed he could get it to run. I seen him a year later at a local match and he sold it to another poor soul after he got fed up with it. I'd go buy a high point before I'd buy this re-branded Hudson, at least it will run.

transfixer

Couple of videos on Youtube about this pistol keyholing rounds, apparently at least on one guys pistol it appears the bore is oversize and the rifling isn't engaging the bullet enough, rifling marks only on one side of the projectile, nothing on the other side? I would be absolutely livid if I paid the price they want for that and had an experience like that ! I guess when you bank on your name recognition you don't bother with quality control ?

ryanh487

Is there some advantage to the H9 design? I agree a high grip and low bore axis are good features, but Glock has those for about $500.

My main issue with it (beyond the price) is logistical. It would mean I need proprietary magazines, difficulty locating small parts if they needed to be replaced, difficulty finding holsters, etc.

I will just stick with Glocks and 1911s.

Agreed. Every gun i buy has a purpose, whether certain types of game i'm after or for defense/societal catastrophe. The latter need to be compatible with as much ammo, magazines, and spare parts that are widely available as possible. So that means ARs in 5.56, Glocks in 9mm, 12 gauge shotguns, and .45 ACP 1911s.

Ajohnson0587

Read on DD social media, they invested over 3 million into new tooling & R&D, and everything about the gun has been redesigned minus one part. (which they wouldn't mention)

I still see a failed design, there's no way I would spend $1,300, even if it was a new design that ran & shot flawless.

menhadenman

Lots of hate here fellers. I get it on a striker fire priced at most of my first three vehicles but a little support for American made here in Georgia for a pistol that looks shootable isn’t all that bad.

I’d buy one for a G19 price for sure.

Ajohnson0587

Lots of hate here fellers. I get it on a striker fire priced at most of my first three vehicles but a little support for American made here in Georgia for a pistol that looks shootable isn’t all that bad.

I’d buy one for a G19 price for sure.
Not hating just stating facts. I have no problem supporting a product & company that their guns run. But, based on my experience and what I’ve been reading on the internet, the gun has gotten better but still has its issue’s, I’m not risking $1,300 on something I already owned and didn’t work the first time. If I want a gun with a low height over bore and high grip, I’ll go buy a CZ or Tanfo. It will cost me the same amount of money, but will run no matter what I feed it, has tons of aftermarket support, and will have a better trigger out the box.