Chestatee River South of Dahlonega

uga_alum_93

Anyone got any tips on fishing this river. I have a canoe float trip coming up this week. I will probably bring my trout rod with spinners. I always do well with a Panther Martin, 1/8 oz., silver blade if I am unfamiliar with where I am fishing. I am hoping to get some red-eyed bass, sunfish and maybe a largemouth. I don't think the water is clear enough for trout.

SouthGa Fisher

Anyone got any tips on fishing this river. I have a canoe float trip coming up this week. I will probably bring my trout rod with spinners. I always do well with a Panther Martin, 1/8 oz., silver blade if I am unfamiliar with where I am fishing. I am hoping to get some red-eyed bass, sunfish and maybe a largemouth. I don't think the water is clear enough for trout.

A plastic worm will catch you plenty of shoal bass. Texas rig or shakey head. If you are going during the weekend get ready for plenty of company...around 10 or so the tubes and recreational kayaks will catch up to you, and you'll be having to throw between and around them. They are generally all nice though.

Also, you'll catch fish.