Chick-n-D's ??????

Oldstick

What is happening in this world? We got a couple of the usual restaurant coupon flyers in the mail today and I looked at one that was the usual Captain D's offers. Except that I notice it said Chick-n-Ds at the top. What???? My wife then told me she had heard they were changing names.

So why???? Who goes to Captain D's for chicken except for the kids meals?? To be honest I have never tried the chicken strips, but I would pick our local Captain D's every time over the local Red Lobster, for fried fish, shrimp. hush puppies, sides etc. Not to mention the bill for the better tasting food will be less than half of the RL bill. Only thing I consider superior to CD's at the Perry, GA Red Lobster is the cheese biscuits.

So I was puzzled about why the name change. But possibly it is a ploy to attract chicken strip loving kids attention from McDs, BK, Wendys etc.?? It is possibly very good chicken, just that I don't remember ever trying it.

"Come on kids, we are going to Chick-n-D's!!!!, (where we can also get something we love too.)"

:huh:

Last edited:

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I have a guess and it ain't got a thing to do with chicken strip loving kids...

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Hardees has tried everything over the years from fried chicken to pasta to hotdogs, but they always go back to burgers and biscuits. Stick with your thang.

Oldstick

I guess ya'll are correct, just a temporary marketing campaign. I now see the traditional Captain D's logo (with the fish) at the bottom of the flyer. And the same thing on the drink cups pictured. Apparently they are just pushing their chicken strips and sammiches. At first, I was a little concerned about the sanity of whoever is running the company.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member