Chickasawhatchee TBG Hunt

Al33

I had been packed and ready to go since Thursday of last week but unforseen circumstances prevented me from going until Saturday morning. Only got to hunt Saturday evening but sure enjoyed the dinner and chat around the campfire Saturday night, it alone was worth the long drive down and back.

One little piggie met his doom and another nice hog narrowly escaped an arrows path. I did not see a pig but they are obviously in there somewhere.

Here is a group shot and Dan making a hatchet bow from a piece of hickory.

Attachments

• chickasawhatchee4-21-07-5.jpg
    chickasawhatchee4-21-07-5.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 351
  • chickasawhatchee4-21-07-6.jpg
    chickasawhatchee4-21-07-6.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 321

choctawlb

Re: Chickasawhatchie TBG Hunt

Al,
I sure would have liked to made it down, but had a blacksmithing demo at Fort Dobbs in Statesville , NC all weekend. Maybe next year it will be on one of my off weeks. How did you like the swamp? We hunted pigs the last weekend of small game season, but they were burning off, and all the sign we saw was a couple days old.
Ken

pnome

Looks like a good time.

I need get practicing with my recurve some more.

Southbow

I had a great time visiting with everyone. Mosquitos haven't set in too bad yet, good food and company and the weather was perfect.

Clay Patton made the only kill for the weekend. Here's a picture of Clay as we were trying to find a shallow spot to cross the creek coming out Friday night:

P1000256.jpg

I've started compiling all my photos from hunting Chickasawhatchee in a Web Album located here for anyone that's interested in seeing the swamp:

Chickasawhatchee Swamp

chris

Just BB

Lots of cool pics. Thanks for sharing. After seeing all those cottonmouths, you won't have to worry about me invading your hunting grounds.

Al33

Very nice link Chris! I sure enjoyed looking at everyone of the great photo's and I will be checking back to see if you have added more.

Thanks!

ky_longbow

Southbow-
awsome pics ---- you have an eye for quality pics !
looks like y'all had a great time-
too bad there are no hogs or swamps here in KY-
looks like a great adventure !:cool:

cpowel10

If yall ever want to let a boy with a compound come along, just let me know! I saw three there saterday, i had a pretty good one at 40 yards, but there were some vines in the way so i couldnt get a shot.

Southbow

CPowell,
Compounds are always welcome in our camp. That's how most of us started out. I've seen quite a few guys try out a longbow or recurve and next thing you know they want to buy one, then their compound is up for sale. These bows are highly addictive!

I live about 15 minutes from the WMA, we'll have to hook up for a hunt.

chris

cpowel10

CPowell,
Compounds are always welcome in our camp. That's how most of us started out. I've seen quite a few guys try out a longbow or recurve and next thing you know they want to buy one, then their compound is up for sale. These bows are highly addictive!

I live about 15 minutes from the WMA, we'll have to hook up for a hunt.

chris

Just shoot me a pm next time yall are getting together over there. I live in Sylvester, so its about a 30 min ride for me. I dont think i'll be able to make it over there again before turkey season runs out, but as soon as small game season comes back in ill be over there all the time!

ky_longbow

Chris- i saw that you had emailed me- tried to reply - youre box is full-
sorry for the delay-----ive slowly quit using that paticular email account- tons of spam---
ill try ya again later-
as far as LBL goes its a beautiful place- you guys would like it--- full of history !

I edited my email in my profile- if you get the chance to try again !