Chief Noc A Homa in bad shape

Shadow11

I didn't even know he was still alive, but it looks like he's in bad shape. I'm not really old enough to remember him in live games, but I found it interesting to go back and look at the old videos, and some of his more recent interviews. The evil, racist, liberals have tried hard to delete him and his people's name in recent years, but this Brave is still kicking and chopping.

Chop on chief!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kingfish

I remember him. Growing up in Jacksonville Fl, we got the Braves on TV and radio back in the 70's. Remember the Braves uniforms and the jingle they played as the broadcast was coming on air. Listened to Phil Niekro's no hitter on the radio, I want to say 1974 ? against the Padres.

DannyW

Yeah, I remember him. He paved the way for the Phillie Fanatic and Atlanta Blooper. Sorry to hear he is in bad shape.

BornToHuntAndFish

He was a big Braves fan. Thanks for the sad update.

Former Braves mascot Chief Noc-A-Homa in failing health

Time = 2:51

Aug 25, 2022

CBS46 Atlanta

Chief Noc-A-Homa got his start as the Braves mascot in 1969. He became famous for doing a dance on the pitcher’s mound before games.

https://www.foxcarolina.com/2022/08/26/former-braves-mascot-chief-noc-a-homa-failing-health/

Former Braves mascot Chief Noc-A-Homa in failing health

Chief Noc-A-Homa got his start as the Braves mascot in 1969.

VH3Q4BY5B5H2JOBERGWYZ4QLPI.jpg

MudDucker

Staff member
I hadn't thought about him in years. I went to several games as a youngin' and in one game I sat next to him for about 3 innings and he just sat there and gave me a lesson in baseball. He said he was a player as a young man, but not good enough for the big show. He really loved the game. He loved kids too. Hope he recovers well or passes to the big tepee in the sky well.

slow motion

As a kid he was synonymous with the Braves. Mentioned him on the radio probably as often as any one player. Never met him but sounds like he was a great guy in real life as well. Thanks for your contribution to our team and society as a whole. Godspeed Chief.

bilgerat

Senior
he came to My school also when I was in 6th grade, after the assembly he went out on the playground with us and hit a few balls and thru a few pitches to us ,

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
He came to my elementary school in the early 70's.

Loved to watch him dance after the braves hit a homer at AFCS.

He spoke at a meeting I went to. Great guy and they should never have eliminated him. Loved his war dance when the Braves homered. Liberals ruin everything and that's why they suck.

Deerhead

I grew up going to the Braves games and enjoyed watching him dance around the mound. One of my favorite memories was visiting his teepee. He was always great with the kids. He will be in my prayers.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
TV news said He has asked his sister to spread his ashes where the pitcher's mound was at the old stadium.

JDBrown

I got to see him when I was a kid at the Braves games, I got to meet with him like a thousand other younguns did, but what I'll always hold close, was getting to sit and talk with Mr Levi at the Pow-wow in Rome, Ga a couple of years ago, he flintknapped and was set up there. I had seen him there a few times before, but this time I was able to talk with him some, about knapping since I do it too, I even bought a point he made, and he placed an autographed picture in the bag with it, it's a treasure to me. Prayers for him and his family.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Get'n to sit with him at a game and having a autographed pic gave one more street creds than a "I miked Rosebud" pin in the early 70's.